• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

Toogs/Eagles mafia OP.

Meh we didn’t carry this game at all. I stand by my claim being good and the logic against it being lolbad. It was the same logic that kept people from killing sd3 based on speculating powers/who would be in the game.

I think I was dying that round and my only goal was to get everything away from juice as long as possible.

Thanos - Mafia Godfather, Mafia Recruiter
You are the genocidal warlord Thanos. You believe that the massive population of the universe will inevitably lead to all resources being used up and therefore you have set out to acquire the six Infinity Stones so you may kill off half the universe’s population and bring ultimate balance. Your quest was shrouded in secrecy as you operated as a puppet master during early searches for the Stones. As such, you operate as a mafia super godfather. From the start of the game you possess the Power Stone, which will cause any cop investigation to return a result of “Player is not mafia.” You may gain additional powers should you acquire more Infinity Stones.

You are not only searching for Infinity Stones. While your daughter Gamora is long gone, your daughter Nebula may still be redeemable. Each night, you may select a player to determine if they are Nebula. If any of your Chitauri soldiers are still alive, they may be sent out to find Nebula for you. If all Chitauri soldiers are dead, you must do the recruiting yourself. If you find Nebula, you will recruit her to the mafia team. If Nebula is recruited by the mafia, she may gain a one-time power that has been previously used by the mafia team. This power will be obtained only if you have acquired 4 total Infinity Stones. The power that may be obtained must have already been used by the mafia team (i.e., if the mafia has not yet used its unblockable hit, she may not obtain an additional unblockable hit). The power must be selected when you acquire your fourth Infinity Stone or recruit Nebula, whichever comes later. The power selected must be one of the powers that your team acquires through Stones, not a power acquired by you through Stones. If Thanos dies before recruiting Nebula, the recruiting power is lost and Nebula will join the Avengers.

The remaining five Infinity Stones are hidden amongst the Avengers and their allies. If a player in possession of one of the Infinity Stones dies, it will come into your possession. For each Stone you acquire, your power increases. The powers you gain are listed below.

1 Stone: Cop Investigation Immune
2 Stones: 1-shot vig hit (you must make the hit)
3 Stones: 1-shot bulletproof vest
4 Stones: All Investigation Immune, select power for Nebula
5 Stones: One-time unlynchable
6 Stones: Ability to “snap” and kill 2 random civs (undetectable, unblockable, determined by RNG)

Proxima Midnight - Mafia Ninja
You are Proxima Midnight, an absolutely deadly assassin in the Black Order. A master of all weapons and combat techniques, should Thanos acquire 3 Infinity Stones, you will gain the one-time ability to enhance the nightly mafia hit to make it untraceable. However, should this hit run into protection abilities, it will operate as a standard hit would operate when faced with the same protection abilities. If your team chooses to use this power, you must make the hit.

It had to be tcc or ph if I was coming out there, I though ph had better chance of getting lynched. I wanted to do juice, but he had already posted he was jailed before I made up the claim.

Oh, no, I understand it from your point of view - you pulled it off really well. I just think if people had of really sat back and thought about, they would have realized there is no chance that happened.

eagles will never be able to explain to me killing numbers when we did and i may remain on level 1 forever because of it

Thanos - Mafia Godfather, Mafia Recruiter
You are the genocidal warlord Thanos. You believe that the massive population of the universe will inevitably lead to all resources being used up and therefore you have set out to acquire the six Infinity Stones so you may kill off half the universe’s population and bring ultimate balance. Your quest was shrouded in secrecy as you operated as a puppet master during early searches for the Stones. As such, you operate as a mafia super godfather. From the start of the game you possess the Power Stone, which will cause any cop investigation to return a result of “Player is not mafia.” You may gain additional powers should you acquire more Infinity Stones.

You are not only searching for Infinity Stones. While your daughter Gamora is long gone, your daughter Nebula may still be redeemable. Each night, you may select a player to determine if they are Nebula. If any of your Chitauri soldiers are still alive, they may be sent out to find Nebula for you. If all Chitauri soldiers are dead, you must do the recruiting yourself. If you find Nebula, you will recruit her to the mafia team. If Nebula is recruited by the mafia, she may gain a one-time power that has been previously used by the mafia team. This power will be obtained only if you have acquired 4 total Infinity Stones. The power that may be obtained must have already been used by the mafia team (i.e., if the mafia has not yet used its unblockable hit, she may not obtain an additional unblockable hit). The power must be selected when you acquire your fourth Infinity Stone or recruit Nebula, whichever comes later. The power selected must be one of the powers that your team acquires through Stones, not a power acquired by you through Stones. If Thanos dies before recruiting Nebula, the recruiting power is lost and Nebula will join the Avengers.

The remaining five Infinity Stones are hidden amongst the Avengers and their allies. If a player in possession of one of the Infinity Stones dies, it will come into your possession. For each Stone you acquire, your power increases. The powers you gain are listed below.

1 Stone: Cop Investigation Immune
2 Stones: 1-shot vig hit (you must make the hit)
3 Stones: 1-shot bulletproof vest
4 Stones: All Investigation Immune, select power for Nebula
5 Stones: One-time unlynchable
6 Stones: Ability to “snap” and kill 2 random civs (undetectable, unblockable, determined by RNG)

Proxima Midnight - Mafia Ninja
You are Proxima Midnight, an absolutely deadly assassin in the Black Order. A master of all weapons and combat techniques, should Thanos acquire 3 Infinity Stones, you will gain the one-time ability to enhance the nightly mafia hit to make it untraceable. However, should this hit run into protection abilities, it will operate as a standard hit would operate when faced with the same protection abilities. If your team chooses to use this power, you must make the hit.

8 mafia! Ouch. Thanks for running a fun game though. I apologize to the civs for buying SD3's BS and for outsmarting myself on bym.

To answer ryala’s question that night - I didn’t think toog was going to die the round I voted for him. And he wouldn’t have if tcc didn’t switch last second. I basically gave out mafia / civ reads on all of the mafia rather than idk reads and thought if the mafia reads got lynched and I was right, I could steer civs away from lynching my civ reads for a few rounds (redwing, sd3, juice) long enough to get the stones and win.

I don't think I've ever been in a game in which civ specials did less.

serious bro?

1)i block juice and he's 50/50 mafia. he absolutely must be lynched before any of your ROLES_AVENGERS_UNIVERSE_DIVINATION shit comes into play
2) goalie blocks a hit on me, that's pretty good
3) ryala catches sd3 and civs still do nothing with it

What exactly happened that night?

which night?

he jailed me twice -- once while trying to make the hit, which is why we failed

the second night we decided to send sd3 on the hit because i might be jailed again

serious bro?

1)i block juice and he's 50/50 mafia. he absolutely must be lynched before any of your ROLES_AVENGERS_UNIVERSE_DIVINATION shit comes into play
2) goalie blocks a hit on me, that's pretty good
3) ryala catches sd3 and civs still do nothing with it

goalie didn't block a hit on you

redwing was investigating you to be nebula

that really worked out in our favor

To answer ryala’s question that night - I didn’t think toog was going to die the round I voted for him. And he wouldn’t have if tcc didn’t switch last second. I basically gave out mafia / civ reads on all of the mafia rather than idk reads and thought if the mafia reads got lynched and I was right, I could steer civs away from lynching my civ reads for a few rounds (redwing, sd3, juice) long enough to get the stones and win.

tcc switched to me last second. i switched to toogs last second.

The civs played great up until a few days ago, then the mafia finally played decently.

As we mentioned about 4,000 times in the dead chat, the game setup was heavily slanted toward the mafia though.

There were too many mafia for the amount of civs, the civ specials weren't good enough, and the stones were incredibly swingy. @Gooner, please post Thanos' role description. It's nutty.

we helped you out by sacrificing tim

@eagles - how many times have you tried to pull the truthteller fake claim? i feel like that's always your go-to.

Back