• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

The civs played great up until a few days ago, then the mafia finally played decently.

As we mentioned about 4,000 times in the dead chat, the game setup was heavily slanted toward the mafia though.

There were too many mafia for the amount of civs, the civ specials weren't good enough, and the stones were incredibly swingy. @Gooner, please post Thanos' role description. It's nutty.

sure did get closer after two of us AA'd tho

I felt so bad for you. Also you legitimately are the funniest mafia player and it's not even close.

There was a time when I tried to be the best mafia player possible, but too often it was just me being as angry as I was for that entire last day. Just making snarky comments is the new meta

Hawkeye was literally a vig in the movie. And Thor was literally the one who killed Thanos.

Again, the game tracks with the film. I feel pretty comfortable guessing that there are at least four civ specials left, most likely Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Captain Marvel.

The dusted players have not had powers. That’s why I’m suspicious that Spidey has a power. The logic tracks with what we know about the game and the source material.

This is why this logic should never be used. The whole point of safe claims is to make them plausible or else they’re useless.

Using knowledge of the films to do some speculation (like Ph did at points is fine). Making determinative statements about people who for sure would be in the game and what powers they may or may not have usually is problematic.

rommy what made you hone in on me, i was convinced you were cop for a hot minute in mafia chat

To answer ryala’s question that night - I didn’t think toog was going to die the round I voted for him. And he wouldn’t have if tcc didn’t switch last second. I basically gave out mafia / civ reads on all of the mafia rather than idk reads and thought if the mafia reads got lynched and I was right, I could steer civs away from lynching my civ reads for a few rounds (redwing, sd3, juice) long enough to get the stones and win.

Fair. That's def going for big air. Your votes are like the stair car in Arrested Development. You're gonna get some hop ons.

Meh we didn’t carry this game at all. I stand by my claim being good and the logic against it being lolbad. It was the same logic that kept people from killing sd3 based on speculating powers/who would be in the game.

I think I was dying that round and my only goal was to get everything away from juice as long as possible.

Your claimed powers were ridiculous in context of the game. Goon's setup used by the book mafia roles.

SD's claimed powers made more sense.

serious bro?

1)i block juice and he's 50/50 mafia. he absolutely must be lynched before any of your ROLES_AVENGERS_UNIVERSE_DIVINATION shit comes into play
2) goalie blocks a hit on me, that's pretty good
3) ryala catches sd3 and civs still do nothing with it

You listed three things in a 27 person game that lasted through Night 11.

Hey, you take that back - GAt and I as masons found and recruited the cop. Huge.

What did Shiny investigate, find, and reveal?

@eagles - how many times have you tried to pull the truthteller fake claim? i feel like that's always your go-to.

With you jailing me every night there wasn’t a single other power I could say that made sense for me coming out there because I couldn’t have any other useful information and I was going to die if I said vanilla because people couldn’t seem to grasp I was actually being jailed.

mafia was defs in a good spot from the beginning but the dumbtells were pretty lame, dudes

Your claimed powers were ridiculous in context of the game. Goon's setup used by the book mafia roles.

SD's claimed powers made more sense.

You listed three things in a 27 person game that lasted through Night 11.

What did Shiny investigate, find, and reveal?

I have no idea what you’re talking about and this logic is why you lost.

Yes, otherwise the balance would have been insanely skewed. That made it somewhat competitive.

The balance issue wasn't necessary 1 GF, 4 powered maf, and 3 goons. That would have been fine if the civs were more powered and the mafia didn't have plausible safe claims.

The balance issue wasn't necessary 1 GF, 4 powered maf, and 3 goons. That would have been fine if the civs were more powered and the mafia didn't have plausible safe claims.

And remember, of the civ powers, Ryala and I essentially shared a role.

Back