• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia Signup Thread; Monday 3/30 Start

Self qt'ning. Day 5.

Decided after her bath that we'd let Char dress herself and go wild for an hour.

Early results are in. She seems destined to uproot the fashion world.

4de2dbd860fe5c6394de240ccfc0cc67.jpg
e9c21c62505cba78436fb32ac4040221.jpg

Awesome. I let my 10 year old dress himself and all I see is him in a fortnite onesie for the past 6 days. Its like they revert.

i did RNG and people didn't seem to like it last time i modded

RNG is fine. All in tie die is fine. Making everyone revote is tough and likely will end up not getting to a majority. I thought WFU03s OT worked fine, immediate OT works.

I prefer avoiding RNG if at all possible. I think RNG ending to rounds is unfun.

As others have mentioned, your OT rule stinks. There are many other ways to do it and all of them that I can think of are better.

Also, you should define angle shooting. I still haven’t seen a halfway decent definition other than it is whatever a person doesn’t seem to particularly like. Perhaps you should list some examples of what you don’t want people to do.

"angle shooting" is a preconceived concept that self-proclaimed "great" players from the maryland/kansas boards* brought to this (non-shitty board) in order to try to show off their self-proclaimed mafia superiority. Quite often it consists of an honest mistake like a civ forgetting that somebody died at "night" two rounds ago.

MD/KU posters like using this as a reason that they/their team lost in order to keep their veil of awesomeness (read: insecurity) in tact for future games.

It's stupid, completely subjective, and honestly, kind of pathetic.

*If you think I'm unfair here: name one non MD/KU poster or poster that plays/ed on those boards and considers himself a part of their club *cough*Knight*cough*GTB*cough* that has ever bitched about "angle shooting" on this board. Not a one will be found.

Last edited:
I prefer avoiding RNG if at all possible. I think RNG ending to rounds is unfun.

Only time it would likely ever to come an actual RNG is when there is a mass agreement for it or at end games with 4 people. All in tie die is better, but RNG isn't a bad option, for me, its more preferable than a non-lynch.

Only time it would likely ever to come an actual RNG is when there is a mass agreement for it or at end games with 4 people. All in tie die is better, but RNG isn't a bad option, for me, its more preferable than a non-lynch.

I kinda like the RNG decides if ALL die or NONE die compromise to be honest.

50/50

hey dv7 or other wake mod, can you approve the new user shinyman? thanks

As others have mentioned, your OT rule stinks. There are many other ways to do it and all of them that I can think of are better.

Also, you should define angle shooting. I still haven’t seen a halfway decent definition other than it is whatever a person doesn’t seem to particularly like. Perhaps you should list some examples of what you don’t want people to do.

giphy.gif

Fine, we will not go with that OT rule, I will put in a closet wrapped in several blankets and never bring it out again.

I'm leaning no OT then and ties result in all tied players dying.

Nice version: I think your OT rule offers a few avenues for improvement.

"angle shooting" is a preconceived concept that self-proclaimed "great" players from the maryland/kansas boards* brought to this (non-shitty board) in order to try to show off their self-proclaimed mafia superiority. Quite often it consists of an honest mistake like a civ forgetting that somebody died at "night" two rounds ago.

MD/KU posters like using this as a reason that they/their team lost in order to keep their veil of awesomeness (read: insecurity) in tact for future games.

*If you think I'm unfair here: name one non MD/KU poster or poster that plays/ed on those boards and considers himself a part of their club *cough*Knight*cough*GTB*cough* that has ever bitched about "angle shooting" on this board. Not a one will be found.

That is definitively not an example of angle shooting, that is an example of a dumbtell.

I told Goaliemom to stop angle shooting when she asked me if I was mafia last game. We were both completely joking.

Angle shooting is kind of like letter of the law/spirit of the law kind of stuff. It's like looking to see if a person is active on other threads and then using that information to make an alignment judgement in thread. Or posting a message to the mod in thread and using that to clear yourself (or another person) because mafia would just ask in chat. That sort of thing.

On a side note, your daughter is adorable. We have that same car for our son.

Forgetting something is not angle shooting. Angle shooting is when you read a ruleset, and don’t see a prohibition from something you want to do, but know it’s against the intent of the mod or spirit of the game and do it anyway.

It used to come up most frequently with people quoting or trying to interact with the mod in the thread, which led to the determination that said person wouldn’t have to do that if they were mafia because they’d just talk to the mod in mafia chat.

There are other examples, and it does get misused or overused, but it is a real thing.

Back