• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AW Hamilton and Steve Lepore

jaybone

Reaction score
Interesting video on Twitter just now.

Did not know: that AW Hamilton and Steve Lepore are brother-in-laws. Hamilton is the head coach at Eastern Kentucky and Lepore is an assistant.

Lepore had a stroke a few years ago, but I assume recovered as he just had a baby with his wife.

Lepore dated seriously Meghan Markle while the two were at Northwestern

AW Hamilton is recovering from stage 2 melanoma.

without looking it up, what would you guess is their combined career 3pfg made at Wake?

I figure Lepore played about 60 games and Hamilton about 50, so I'll say 87 combined threes made.

edit: I am way off

Last edited:
without looking it up, what would you guess is their combined career 3pfg made at Wake?

I figure Lepore played about 60 games and Hamilton about 50, so I'll say 87 combined threes made.

edit: I am way off

I'll take the under

Interesting video on Twitter just now.

Did not know: that AW Hamilton and Steve Lepore are brother-in-laws. Hamilton is the head coach at Eastern Kentucky and Lepore is an assistant.

Lepore had a stroke a few years ago, but I assume recovered as he just had a baby with his wife.

Lepore dated seriously Meghan Markle while the two were at Northwestern

AW Hamilton is recovering from stage 2 melanoma.

It would be nice to have EKU as one of our non-conference MBB games in 2021-22. Probably wouldn't require a return game and the guarantee should be reasonable.

I'll guess 25 made 3's for the two of them. Neither one of them was an ACC level player.

I'll guess 25 made 3's for the two of them. Neither one of them was an ACC level player.

Lepore made 156 3's in college and shot 36% from behind the arc. He was a more effective 3 point shooter (and player) at NW than at WF. Lepore was 38 for 120 (32%) in two years at WF, and 118 for 312 (38%) at NW.

AW Hamilton played very little for WF. In two years (AW transferred early into his sophomore year, allowing him to play 3 years at Marshall) at WF, Hamilton was 6 for 17 (35%) from 3 at WF. In three years at Marshall, AW shot 83 for 215 (39%).

yeah, they combined for 44 threes at Wake and 205 threes elsewhere

as it goes

As a Class of '08 Deacon, I read this as Mike Lepore. The Meghan Markle thing really confused me at first.

I really didn't need to know that Steve Lepore had a stroke and AW Hamilton had Melanoma. Makes me feel old.

Lepore made 156 3's in college and shot 36% from behind the arc. He was a more effective 3 point shooter (and player) at NW than at WF. Lepore was 38 for 120 (32%) in two years at WF, and 118 for 312 (38%) at NW.

AW Hamilton played very little for WF. In two years (AW transferred early into his sophomore year, allowing him to play 3 years at Marshall) at WF, Hamilton was 6 for 17 (35%) from 3 at WF. In three years at Marshall, AW shot 83 for 215 (39%).

Two guys who were contributors to their teams as RS Juniors and Seniors. Some guys just take longer to mature.

Wow. Steve was a solid ACC back up.

A spot up shooter like Lepore better be able to do three things well when he is playing at the highest level of college basketball. Make open 3's, be automatic at the free throw line, and not turn the ball . He shot 31% on 3's while at wake. That's not good in any era. He was only a decent free throw shooter at Wake- 70% and he had more career turnovers than assists while at Wake. I don't really remember his defense but I'll go out on a limb and say it was average at best. So I wouldn't really call him a solid backup, I'd call him just a backup.

Looking at AW's stats - he had a really solid assist to turnover ration while playing at Marshall.

AW was in way over his head a frosh

will always remember his backwards shot out of bounds

AW was in way over his head a frosh

will always remember his backwards shot out of bounds

A. W. should have redshirted his first season at Wake. Things might have gone very differently if he had. As noted, he just wasn't ready to play ACC level basketball as a freshman. Some guys just mature more slowly.

I think because Lepore underperformed here relative to NW, he's kinda underrated. I recall he stepped up when JGray was out with the jaw injury. Also had that nasty / dirty knee injury in the ACCT that he never really recovered from.

McHenry of GT took him out diving for a loose ball IIRC. I just remember Biff was ready to fight some GT fans at Charlotte Coliseum after that happened.

Back