• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

How do they define that? Wasilla, AK makes sense.

I was in Gastonia yesterday and man that place sucks. But I drove across the state line into York County/Greater Clover area and it's even worse.

Greer is not the worst town in SC either. Not even close.
I spent the night in Walterboro last week. It was way better than Yemassee.

And Gastonia is way better than Whiteville or so many places in the east of NC.

I spent the night in Walterboro last week. It was way better than Yemassee.

And Gastonia is way better than Whiteville or so many places in the east of NC.
Yeah, Gastonia isn't great but I feel like nearly every city and town near or east of I-95 is worse until you reach the coast.

I interviewed with a church in Gastonia when I was graduating seminary and had emerged as their primary candidate. When I spoke to the pastor about what Gastonia was like, he went on and on about how it was a great place to live because it was close enough to Charlotte to have access to city things, but far enough away that it didn't have "city problems, like a lot of minorities." That was my last conversation with that church.

I interviewed with a church in Gastonia when I was graduating seminary and had emerged as their primary candidate. When I spoke to the pastor about what Gastonia was like, he went on and on about how it was a great place to live because it was close enough to Charlotte to have access to city things, but far enough away that it didn't have "city problems, like a lot of minorities." That was my last conversation with that church.

Gastonia is 30% black. Charlotte is 35% black.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that a pastor wasn't super accurate or informed concerning racial demographics and was just going on what it "feels" like to him.

But also, Gastonia is 58% white and Charlotte is 40% and a majority-minority city.

Last edited:
In Charlotte you kind of have to go out of your way a little bit to find streetwalkers or someone selling meth on a street corner. Not so much in Gastonia.

Back