• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baby Question

ChrisPaul3

Reaction score
Became pretty tight with my mailman a few months back, and he just had his first child about 3 weeks ago. He took a short paternity leave but I think he's back on his route this week. I probably won't see him until Wednesday though, so I have a few days to figure out what to get him as a gift. And thats a good thing because I am totally lost. This is my first mailman babywarming shopping trip.

I was trying to think what I would want if I were a baby, but couldn't really remember, and then I was trying to think of something outside the box because I bet that baby's got a lot of shit already 3 weeks in. Best I've come up with so far is a watch? Do they make watches for babies? Im not talking like a Rolex, but something in the 20 dollar range. The other thing I thought of is maybe a Halloween costume since its that time of year? Thought itd be pretty cool if the baby dressed up as like Mark Twain or Alex Trebek. Is it awkward though for me to pick the baby's first Halloween costume? Don't want to step any toes. Opinions welcomed...

Get an outfit in the 9-12 months range. Newborns get tons of clothes as presents, but almost all are for the first 3-6 months. As a parent, it's great to know that you don't have to suddenly buy everything after a few months.

after reading the "very tight with my mailman" i was expecting the following sentences to explain how you had an affair with your mailman while your husband was at work and you were now carrying his baby

i was way off

Nah. This guy took over as my mailman a few months ago and I just immediately noticed that he was the best mailman I ever had. He was there at 1:10 everyday like clockwork and the envelopes and magazines were always mint condition. And one thing that anyone who knows me will tell you is I am one of these guys who loves to pick the brains of people who are the masters of their trade. So I waited by my mailbox one day and sure enough he shows up right on time. I introduced myself, shook his hand, and asked him if I could ride shotgun for the rest of his shift.

He turned me down, told me it was against policy, and then drove away when I tried to climb in anyway, but since then, we’ve had a “really friendly wave/somewhat friendly wave back” type relationship.

Then 3 weeks ago, its 2PM and my mail’s not there. I knew something was very fishy and canceled all my plans that day to wait. Sure enough, I see the mail truck roll up at half past 3 with a different mailman. I was concerned as all fuck so I sprinted out to ask this stranger what the deal was. That’s when he told me about the paternity leave. Major relief that it was happy news not tragic news, but I’ve been deliberating with myself about the gift ever since.

Get an outfit in the 9-12 months range. Newborns get tons of clothes as presents, but almost all are for the first 3-6 months. As a parent, it's great to know that you don't have to suddenly buy everything after a few months.

this or you can never go wrong with diapers. I would have been happy if we got all diapers and no clothes lol.

First, you need to figure out if you're buying a gift for a boy baby or girl baby. You obviously don't want to spoil the surprise, so you should probably just secretly follow him back to his house today and peep through a window or sneak yourself into the wall or ceiling via the ventilation system. Let us know what you discover, as that will be paramount to our gift-giving ideas.

First, you need to figure out if you're buying a gift for a boy baby or girl baby. You obviously don't want to spoil the surprise, so you should probably just secretly follow him back to his house today and peep through a window or sneak yourself into the wall or ceiling via the ventilation system. Let us know what you discover, as that will be paramount to our gift-giving ideas.

Thought of that, but its pretty tough to tail a mailman. Takes a lot of patience. Its like trying to play Jenga with Muhammad Ali. So I think Ill just go with something unisex.

The guy looks like he's in really good shape, so the other thing that occurred to me was getting something workout related. Like I bet a new dad would love to workout with his baby. Maybe like a baby jump rope or a baby treadmill (would those be expensive?). I been seeing a lot of fat babies lately, so I figure someone's gotta be selling shit to get them back into shape, right?

I got my garbage man a portable CD player when he had his second kid. That was a long time ago, so maybe an ipod is the equivalent now? He was the sanitation worker equivalent of your mailman: on time every week, spotless pickup, always put the cans right back where they belonged in tidy shape. When I first noticed what a good job he was doing, I wanted to show my appreciation, so I left him a gatorade on top of the garbade can on a hot day. He must have thought it was trash, because I saw him throw it away as as I watched from inside. I thought about running out to tell him, but instead I left another gatorade with a note the next week. I think he drank that one! The next week I made sure to be in the yard and we talked. Fast forward a few months, and you should have seen his face when I gave him the portable CD player as a baby gift! I think he left sanitation work about the time everything became automized and the trucks started doing all the work. I sure do miss him. Those trucks miss a lot of trash and the cans stay out on the curb too long.

Yeah I've tried that move before too. Put an Arby's beef and cheddar in the mailbox for my guy once, but he left it there too. Worked out though because I got the mail around dinner time and was full by the time I got back to my front door.

I like where your head's at on the music idea, but mailmen hate electronics (email is doing its best to put them outta business for god's sake), so maybe I go with concert tickets instead? Problem with that is I don't know what kind of music babies these days are into. Trying to think of something safe. Maybe like Hootie and the Blowfish? They seem like they'd appeal to the baby crowd, or at least the hip baby crowd which based on his pops, I'm sure this kid is a part of.

Yeah I've tried that move before too. Put an Arby's beef and cheddar in the mailbox for my guy once, but he left it there too. Worked out though because I got the mail around dinner time and was full by the time I got back to my front door.

I like where your head's at on the music idea, but mailmen hate electronics (email is doing its best to put them outta business for god's sake), so maybe I go with concert tickets instead? Problem with that is I don't know what kind of music babies these days are into. Trying to think of something safe. Maybe like Hootie and the Blowfish? They seem like they'd appeal to the baby crowd, or at least the hip baby crowd which based on his pops, I'm sure this kid is a part of.

CP3 sadly Hootie is currently broken up. Its lead singer Darius Rucker has "gone country" and is currently on his way to becoming the next Garth Brooks. So for kids I'd probably go with something similar like the Gin Blossoms or possibly even Sister Hazel. Just saw Hazel at the new Ziggys here in Winston-Salem, fantastic show. Definitely a baby-friendly act.

CP3 sadly Hootie is currently broken up. Its lead singer Darius Rucker has "gone country" and is currently on his way to becoming the next Garth Brooks. So for kids I'd probably go with something similar like the Gin Blossoms or possibly even Sister Hazel. Just saw Hazel at the new Ziggys here in Winston-Salem, fantastic show. Definitely a baby-friendly act.

What the fuck? Hootie ditched the Blowfish to sing country? That is the worst news I've heard in years. This would be like finding out my dad left my mom so he could start dating Subway Jared. I hope thats some kind of sick prank youre trying to pull on me, because if Hootie would ditch the Blowfish, then let me tell you something, people, anyone you know could ditch you in a fucking heartbeat.

Easy
my_daddy_is_a_mailman_baby_t_shirt-p235649980939945742stvj_400.jpg

Simple answer....white Wake Forest infant stocking cap. Its uni-sex and not expensive. Plus you know it will be used since it is getting colder.

Nah. This guy took over as my mailman a few months ago and I just immediately noticed that he was the best mailman I ever had. He was there at 1:10 everyday like clockwork and the envelopes and magazines were always mint condition. And one thing that anyone who knows me will tell you is I am one of these guys who loves to pick the brains of people who are the masters of their trade. So I waited by my mailbox one day and sure enough he shows up right on time. I introduced myself, shook his hand, and asked him if I could ride shotgun for the rest of his shift.

He turned me down, told me it was against policy, and then drove away when I tried to climb in anyway, but since then, we’ve had a “really friendly wave/somewhat friendly wave back” type relationship.

Then 3 weeks ago, its 2PM and my mail’s not there. I knew something was very fishy and canceled all my plans that day to wait. Sure enough, I see the mail truck roll up at half past 3 with a different mailman. I was concerned as all fuck so I sprinted out to ask this stranger what the deal was. That’s when he told me about the paternity leave. Major relief that it was happy news not tragic news, but I’ve been deliberating with myself about the gift ever since.

This is turning into an AWESOME thread.

What the fuck? Hootie ditched the Blowfish to sing country? That is the worst news I've heard in years. This would be like finding out my dad left my mom so he could start dating Subway Jared. I hope thats some kind of sick prank youre trying to pull on me, because if Hootie would ditch the Blowfish, then let me tell you something, people, anyone you know could ditch you in a fucking heartbeat.

I know bro. The 30-something divorced women of the world are pretty freaking heart broken. Its liked they've been cheated on and left twice.

Back