• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bachelor Weekend on the MD/DE Shore

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Wise Pit, I need advice. I have to plan a bachelor weekend for early August in either Ocean City, Dewey or Rehoboth. Which one would be the most fun (bars and golf are really the only considerations)? What websites should I look for houses on? Is renting for just a weekend going to be impossible (first glance says yes)?

Thanks.

Dewey or OC. Reheboth is much more of a family beach destination.

My group of friends in their mid 20s goes to Dewey every year. We are in the process of booking a house at the moment so I can shed a little insight on to that. You will have a hell of a time getting a house that is not for a week. They almost certainly will not rent for just a weekend. It is also difficult to rent if its not for a family... and if they do, the landlord is usually very serious about noise and trying to make sure that you arent drunken assholes (something that we usually fail at). As for nightlife in Dewey, the place is fun as hell. A lot of bars, live music, and food. It is nothing like Rehoboth which is more for families (do not go there). As for Ocean City, that place really isnt my cup of tea. It is like Myrtle Beach minus the rednecks but with a different kind of mid-Atlantic trash. Strip-malls galore. Lots of shitty restaurants, mini golf and beach stores. It definitely gets wild and I think that you all should go to Seacrets at least once. Look it up. My advice would be to find a place in Dewey and take a day trip to Ocean City to experience Seacrets at least once. They are like a 30 minute cab ride away. Or get a DD if you all do that type of thing.

As to golf, cant help you with that, but I am sure there are plenty of courses in the area.

Hope this all helps.

Golf for Dewey - Baywood Greens, Bear Trap Dunes, Bayside (tough Nicklaus course usually in great shape).

For OC, check out Rum Pointe, Lighthouse sound and Glenriddle. Wayside is not far either.

Dewey is a way better destination for a bachelor party. Tons of day drinking, ladies, live music and general awesomeness. Poster above nailed it. Dewey may be cost prohibitive. There are tons of hotels there though.

Go to vrbo.com vacation rentalsbyowners.com, will find a wealth of information...have fun in Aug...

SEACRETS

pick up some whiskey tango for me. so classic.

Bump.

We ended up picking Dewey. Anyone know of a decent restaurant I can make reservations to? Tee time at Baywood Greens is in the cards, place looks pretty nice.

No clue about dinner places in Dewey. I've only been to Hammerheads and it was pretty good. I miss Rusty Rudder orange crushes.

Shouldn't have a problem finding good eats in the area. You can expand your eating options into Rehoboth, even if you aren't going to party there.

Do your party in Nashville and hook up with dash's crew.

Great. It's my favorite bar in town.

Expect to do something along the lines of the following:

Wake up (whenever). Go to Starboard for "brunch." The food is great and the bar opens early. They have one of the biggest Bloody Mary bars you've ever seen, and the Orange / Ruby Red Crushes go great with brunch also. Expect a good crowd, even early. Stay for the band, that starts at like noon.

Go to the Bottle and Cork for Jam Session.

Go home, get showered, eat dinner.

Go to the Rusty Rudder for whatever band is playing. If you want a more chill atmosphere, try North Beach or go back to the Starboard (they have beer pong tables too).

Get late night food. Definitely try Mama Celeste's.

Go back to your house and rage on. If you're staying close to the 'board, all of these places will be within short walking distance. Also definitely go into Rehoboth at some point for the Dogfish Head brewpub.

Last edited:
Back