• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bad Wreck in Winston

dstanleywfu

Reaction score
B6IafGdCYAE_dK8.jpg

it is on west 40 in winston, how fast do you have to be going to knock that big sign down.. that is just crazy

looks like traffic is already backed up from 52 all the way to union cross

Cops just sent out a note saying they're detouring traffic from the highway using the Tville Rd. exit. Very bad indeed.

holy cow, that's a mess. guess I'll be taking business 40 home along with everyone else.

Top story at 6: indoor plumbing and someone buys a color TV!!

B6IafGdCYAE_dK8.jpg

it is on west 40 in winston, how fast do you have to be going to knock that big sign down.. that is just crazy
Not as fast as you think. The posts are hollow, and it doesn't take a lot to collapse it. Think of a vertical straw, very strong until you kink one side. There isnt very much damage to the car up against it.

That is a lot of emergency personnel. Is there more to this than just a knocked down sign?

I hope everyone is ok.

Sadly, when I first glanced at the thread title, I thought it was a snide reference to Wake's athletic program.

It has opened back up, no word on injuries except to say the driver was transported

Back