• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ballesteros Dead at 54

Curtis Strange quoted as saying that Seve was to the European tour what Arnie was to the US tour. Probably true. It's hard to imagine anyone who did more for international golf, much less European golf, than did Seve.

Some of his Masters and Open wins are among the all time classics. Sad day for golf.

Indeed, a terribly sad day for golf and for all of sport.

RIP, Seve. You made golf fun again.

very sad. 54 is far to young. rip seve.

Last edited:
Had no idea he was that young...RIP.

Curtis Strange quoted as saying that Seve was to the European tour what Arnie was to the US tour. Probably true. It's hard to imagine anyone who did more for international golf, much less European golf, than did Seve.

Some of his Masters and Open wins are among the all time classics. Sad day for golf.

I forgot to post this yesterday. Seve was exactly Arnie to Europe. He was everyman and swashbuckler just like Arnie.

RIP

One of the worst drivers ever, but the most creative and daring player I've ever watched with prolly the best short game ever. Don't know what he was like off the course, but he was also prolly the worst in terms of gamesmanship of all time. Often developed a little cough that would appear only during his competitors' backswings, amongst other things. And that's why I never cared for Seve.

It's things like this that remind me that you really need to live in the moment. I mean, he's the same age as my dad, and I know my dad has plans for weddings and grandkids and retirement.

I keep looking towards, "one day this will happen or that will happen. I just want to be at that day."

It's things like this that remind me that you really need to live in the moment. I mean, he's the same age as my dad, and I know my dad has plans for weddings and grandkids and retirement.

I keep looking towards, "one day this will happen or that will happen. I just want to be at that day."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

-- John Lennon

Great hour of clips, comments and interviews on Golf Channel right now about his career. Seemed to be universally liked and respected. Amazing that he was the impetus to expand the European team to all of continental Europe in 1979. Until then, it was just the British Isles.

Several people during the show have said that he was Tiger before there was a Tiger.

Back