• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bama-USC in 2016

They've been playing every few years since USC joined the SEC.

I hate neutral site games. College team playing in an NFL stadium = lame atmosphere. Yeah, they can still be important games but I'd rather watch an important game on TV. Pretty cowardly that Alabama was going to buy out the away game in their home & home with Michigan State after MSU's game in Tuscaloosa. Real out of conference clashes between 2 great teams at a college stadium are getting rarer and rarer. Even some of the traditional rivalry games (I'm thinking of Texas / Texas A&M) have died as a result of schools shuffling to wherever the can get the most $$$.

Last edited:
I hate neutral site games. College team playing in an NFL stadium = lame atmosphere. Yeah, they can still be important games but I'd rather watch an important game on TV. Pretty cowardly that Alabama was going to buy out the away game in their home & home with Michigan State after MSU's game in Tuscaloosa. Real out of conference clashes between 2 great teams at a college stadium are getting rarer and rarer. Even some of the traditional rivalry games (I'm thinking of Texas / Texas A&M) have died as a result of schools shuffling to wherever the can get the most $$$.

The line I'd heard was that MSU didn't want to preserve the games at all. And that makes sense given the ass kicking they received the last time the two teams played.

Back