• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bank/credit account numbers on rental application

bigdoublezero

Reaction score
What's the deal with this? Anyone list that kind of information on their applications? I put a deposit down on an apartment last night and need to fax the application today. I have no reason to believe this particular landlord isn't legit, but in the age of identity theft I'm a little wary of giving him my account numbers.

This is pretty standard info in NYC retal apps, I think they use it for the background/income check. Is the landlord an individual or like a management company? I assume youv met them in person?

want to make sure you can pay yo' bills, son

credit card number? that's sketch

I mean its just like writing someone a check... those have your routing/account # on them.

Yeah, met the guy last night. He seems quite legit. In fact, we had the apartment viewing in the unit with the vacating tenant, which makes me believe he's a good dude.

I like the xxxx5555 idea.

by the way, nyc is the shit, but i would love to get out to san fran. maybe i should take my talents there once i am running shit at goldman sachs!

This bullets parody is good... I keep having to double take because I can't remember if I actually posted those or not.

I could easily see this being a thread where bdz would tell the OP to stop worrying so much.

Ever written a check? Okay then. Write the bank account number down on the application and turn it in.

I gotta go get some Nigerian cuisine for lunch. I love ethnic foods.

Ever had Nigerian food cooked by an actual Nigerian? Didnt think so.

I have real Nigerian friends dude.

That may be, but I doubt they can cook. I'm all for trying new things, but at the end of the day I'd rather eat universally lauded cuisines. Nigerian clearly is not.

That may be, but I doubt they can cook. I'm all for trying new things, but at the end of the day I'd rather eat universally lauded cuisines. Nigerian clearly is not.

You know nothing about these people except the fact that they are Nigerian and you assume they can't cook. Hmm...

Nigerian food =/= food cooked by a Nigerian

That's like saying Bobby Flay cooks Irish food.

Back