• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bank Run

Kory, you should try moving your assets to be safe.

You personally, I can't be sure, but the gist of it is JPMorgan thinks we are in for a months long process on various bank concerns and likely a recession. In short, GO WOKE GO BROKE
FIFY

so it's just a case-by-case bailout for depositors over $250k?

I thought I had read that the most likely resolution would be a sale of the bank. In that case, I think the government is just providing the cash so customers can withdraw, and then they'll be made whole by whoever buys it. (I would hope so anyway.)

I thought I had read that the most likely resolution would be a sale of the bank. In that case, I think the government is just providing the cash so customers can withdraw, and then they'll be made whole by whoever buys it. (I would hope so anyway.)
No buyers for SVB because of their clients, iirc.

No buyers for SVB because of their clients, iirc.

They couldn't make a quick sale over the weekend happen, but that doesn't mean it won't sell eventually, even if it's a sale of the assets.

They couldn't make a quick sale over the weekend happen, but that doesn't mean it won't sell eventually, even if it's a sale of the assets.
I think they are looking at selling it off in pieces already. Clearly nobody wants/has the ability to buy the whole thing. I doubt anyone will want their wine business (lol) and much of the loan book would be untouchable for most banks. Not because of the asset quality but because of the specialized nature of it.

My oldest leads the San Fran practice at Bridge Bank part of Western Alliance. Was out there last two week's witnessing the pins and needles he and his Team were on even though the Bank is a well run, diversified and funded entity. Now the Gov't has given SVB a license to continue funding even new Clients using the cry that they are "government protected" as opposed to others in their space. Doesn't seem right.

if i'm going to make a run on a bank - what am i supposed to do...move the cash to a different bank or just get a bunch of duffle bags for the cash

Back