• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

What’s the harm part again?

some kids “explore” or think they might be trans…and then they turn out not to be. So?

Or some people “profit” off it? So? People profit off all sorts of things, like the rabbit holes people like this poster find this shit for instance. Or trump university.

All of that “harm” seems really to boil down to annoyance to people like this poster. That’s not really harm, and certainly it’s not outweighing the real danger trans folks are in.

Not really responding to this shitposter, just more for anyone else reading and kind of agreeing with any of these marginal cases he’s linking.

You are an NPC.
And you are a scared, delusional, man baby. Scared of change. Scared of honesty. Scared that you are losing your perceived power. Truth is you lost it a long time ago. People are becoming less afraid of people like you tearing them down. Your rhetoric has increased violent attacks on women, trans people, Asian people to name just a few. We have a long way to go without you and those like you fighting tooth and nail to retain the right to hold other down. Shame them. Harm them with words and violence. My faith lies with the belief that we'll get there some day. The generation you hate so much (our children) will be better than most of us posting here could ever hope to be.

In no way has any one of your posts made the point you want it to make.

What’s the harm part again?

some kids “explore” or think they might be trans…and then they turn out not to be. So?

Or some people “profit” off it? So? People profit off all sorts of things, like the rabbit holes people like this poster find this shit for instance. Or trump university.

All of that “harm” seems really to boil down to annoyance to people like this poster. That’s not really harm, and certainly it’s not outweighing the real danger trans folks are in.

Not really responding to this shitposter, just more for anyone else reading and kind of agreeing with any of these marginal cases he’s linking.
Read this MSM ABC news article. I'll tell you what the "harm" part is again. More than 300 clinics have opened up to offer "hormonal interventions" (again, chemical castration drugs, there is no such thing as a "puberty blocker") to more than 120,000 children who face gender dysphoria (increasing due to social contagion and woke activists), of which 80% decide not to continue into adulthood as transgender. 80% of 120,000 is 96,000 kids. Do you honestly believe in the United States of Corporations, that many of those 96k are not being led down a road of permanent damage to their bodies? Google Chloe Cole or any other de-transitioner to see the devastating effects.

Most of you are white (I know PH is black), "privileged" people who apparently have lost traditional religion (deanconson is flamboyantly anti-Christian) and took up the mantle of social justice to give meaning to your lives. You feel like you are defending the weak (immigrants, people of color, LGBT), which makes you feel better about yourself because this means you're a good person. You may be a good person, but intentions are not all that matter and many of your idiotic policies harm the very people you wish to help and have harmful second and third order consequences on society which many of you do not seem to consider. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

The fact that the very commonsense beliefs that I and most of the rest of the world hold seem so abhorrent and shocking to you should be a sign that maybe y'all should venture outside your liberal thought-bubble.

Some quotes:
An analysis of health information technology company Komodo Health Inc. data reveals the number of children aged 6 to 17 diagnosed with gender dysphoria increased by 70% between 2020 and 2021. Overall, more than 120,000 children face the psychological distress that may result in those whose gender identity differs from their biological sex.

Meanwhile, the rate of those on puberty-blocking medications and receiving hormone treatments more than doubled from 2017 to 2021.

The Society for Evidence Based Gender Medicine (SEGM) estimates more than 300 clinics and medical offices in the U.S. that provide "hormonal interventions" to minors.

Critics have cautioned against children receiving gender-transitioning treatments, such as puberty blockers. The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) has said there is no evidence that these type of treatments are safe for children, and that youth transition is experimental. It also stresses that there is currently no scientific support that gender-corrective treatments reduce the risk of suicide in gender dysphoric children.

An average of 80% of gender dysphoric children ultimately decide not to continue into adulthood as transgender.

The American College of Pediatricians is an anti-lgbtq group that pushes junk science and is not serious. They used to argue that homosexual couples shouldn't be able to adopt children and that conversion therapy works. Get the fuck out of here quoting them you piece of garbage

I am absolutely, 100%, anti-evangelical Christianity. I'm anti southern baptist. I'm also anti catholic as their actions over the years have lead to much pain and suffering. These institutions have done much harm with very little apology for their abhorrent actions.

I'm not anti religious tradition. There are many great churches out there. The problem is far too many are like you.

i have many religious friends that follow their belief systems rather than blindly follow the mean (ill leave the typo as its apropos) and women in leadership. In fact, if you dont have any women in leadership roles thats a big red flag. Far too many in leadership don't follow their own teachings. Far too many are content to grift their flock and Say things like "god works in mysterious ways" and "god uses imperfect tools" as ways to tell their congregations not to ask questions. Do as I say not as I do.

But you don't go to church. Got it.

The American College of Pediatricians is an anti-lgbtq group that pushes junk science and is not serious. They used to argue that homosexual couples shouldn't be able to adopt children and that conversion therapy works. Get the fuck out of here quoting them you piece of garbage
I don't need scientific evidence to know giving chemical castration drugs to kids is wrong, egghead.

I am absolutely, 100%, anti-evangelical Christianity. I'm anti southern baptist. I'm also anti catholic as their actions over the years have lead to much pain and suffering. These institutions have done much harm with very little apology for their abhorrent actions.

I'm not anti religious tradition. There are many great churches out there. The problem is far too many are like you.

i have many religious friends that follow their belief systems rather than blindly follow the mean (ill leave the typo as its apropos) and women in leadership. In fact, if you dont have any women in leadership roles thats a big red flag. Far too many in leadership don't follow their own teachings. Far too many are content to grift their flock and Say things like "god works in mysterious ways" and "god uses imperfect tools" as ways to tell their congregations not to ask questions. Do as I say not as I do.

The irony and logical inconsistencies of this post is lost on you, I bet. You just outed yourself as being part of a hate group.

Btw, I agree with all of your criticisms of the church. It's part of why I stopped going to church. Why are you telling me?

Read this MSM ABC news article. I'll tell you what the "harm" part is again. More than 300 clinics have opened up to offer "hormonal interventions" (again, chemical castration drugs, there is no such thing as a "puberty blocker") to more than 120,000 children who face gender dysphoria (increasing due to social contagion and woke activists), of which 80% decide not to continue into adulthood as transgender. 80% of 120,000 is 96,000 kids. Do you honestly believe in the United States of Corporations, that many of those 96k are not being led down a road of permanent damage to their bodies? Google Chloe Cole or any other de-transitioner to see the devastating effects.

Most of you are white (I know PH is black), "privileged" people who apparently have lost traditional religion (deanconson is flamboyantly anti-Christian) and took up the mantle of social justice to give meaning to your lives. You feel like you are defending the weak (immigrants, people of color, LGBT), which makes you feel better about yourself because this means you're a good person. You may be a good person, but intentions are not all that matter and many of your idiotic policies harm the very people you wish to help and have harmful second and third order consequences on society which many of you do not seem to consider. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, after all.

The fact that the very commonsense beliefs that I and most of the rest of the world hold seem so abhorrent and shocking to you should be a sign that maybe y'all should venture outside your liberal thought-bubble.

Some quotes:

Damn it, you got me too. My favorite part of all these posts is the insistence on "second and third order consequences." It's like trickle down economics for the "Woke virus"

Also, your attempt to shock people with numbers from the "Main Stream Media" is just another example of how people making these arguments either think everyone else is an idiot or are idiots themselves. Or maybe both. 300 clinics offer "hormonal intervention therapy". That does not mean that these clinics opened specifically for this procedure, and most were probably already open offering other services. This article does not say that 120,000 children are visiting them. The 120,000 is the number of children with gender dysphoria, and that number does not enter into any other stat provided aside from the 80% that do not continue as transgender in aduldhood. The number that you are actually looking for is in this group, "Meanwhile, the rate of those on puberty-blocking medications and receiving hormone treatments more than doubled from 2017 to 2021." That number is not the same as the 120,000 number quoted earlier, and the article conveniently leaves out what those numbers are. Maybe it is an increase from 500 to 1000. Who knows? In any case, it makes your entire argument baseless, because you either don't understand the figures or don't care and want to present them in a dishonest manner and hope that no one actually checks.

I don't think that minors should be getting these types of treatments, but I'm not a doctor, and I don't have anyone in my life that is trans. I haven't done the research to know if these treatments are safe or effective. I do know that people considering those treatments have certainly done research about it and can make a more informed decision about it than me, and I respect that decision.

Damn it, you got me too. My favorite part of all these posts is the insistence on "second and third order consequences." It's like trickle down economics for the "Woke virus"

Also, your attempt to shock people with numbers from the "Main Stream Media" is just another example of how people making these arguments either think everyone else is an idiot or are idiots themselves. Or maybe both. 300 clinics offer "hormonal intervention therapy". That does not mean that these clinics opened specifically for this procedure, and most were probably already open offering other services. This article does not say that 120,000 children are visiting them. The 120,000 is the number of children with gender dysphoria, and that number does not enter into any other stat provided aside from the 80% that do not continue as transgender in aduldhood. The number that you are actually looking for is in this group, "Meanwhile, the rate of those on puberty-blocking medications and receiving hormone treatments more than doubled from 2017 to 2021." That number is not the same as the 120,000 number quoted earlier, and the article conveniently leaves out what those numbers are. Maybe it is an increase from 500 to 1000. Who knows? In any case, it makes your entire argument baseless, because you either don't understand the figures or don't care and want to present them in a dishonest manner and hope that no one actually checks.

I don't think that minors should be getting these types of treatments, but I'm not a doctor, and I don't have anyone in my life that is trans. I haven't done the research to know if these treatments are safe or effective. I do know that people considering those treatments have certainly done research about it and can make a more informed decision about it than me, and I respect that decision.
Lots of assumptions in your post. I obviously know 120k kids are not visiting these clinics. My aim in pointing out those figures was to make the point that in the least, this is not some fringe movement. I was asked to point out what harm it is doing. I did so.

Kids are impressionable and are being led by woke activist teachers/parents/psychologists/social media/culture to consider trans as something hip to try on. Some of the more confused/desperate ones are then being led into transitioning. Big money business. I've seen clips of medical professionals presenting on the long-term, lifetime monetary potential of these trans patients who require lots of follow-up care (cause it turns out taking chemical castration drugs and constructing man-made penises and vaginas from other body parts have negative health consequences).

Children cannot make informed decisions about sex, drugs, alcohol, but they are allowed to make irreversible changes to their bodies through taking chemical castration drugs and transition surgery? Come on. It's lunacy and that fact that so many of you defend it to be respectful of others' opinion is sad and why I call y'all simps. Or maybe it's that you just reflexively take the opposite position of conservatives like Glenn Greenwald's tweet implies.

I believe it is a duty for parents to protect their children, not just physically but from harmful ideas, hence the whole national debate on CRT. I don't think it's healthy to teach children they live in a racist country. Psychologically, that breeds division, racial animosity, demoralization, and victim/savior complex (second and third order consequences again!). I've lived in the USA, Europe, and Asia, and from my experience, the USA is the least racist country in terms of peoples' attitudes toward other races. People will always discriminate against people who are different from them. Accept it, and don't try to subvert everything for the sake of a utopia that doesn't exist. Outcomes will always be unequal if there is free will. Encourage the minorities you so desperately want to save to work hard and smart, not that they are victims in a racist and oppressive society. That is the only way that works. It worked for me and my family.

I honestly was shocked and disturbed when I went to that park and heard those children making racial comments that sounded like they came straight from the mouths of woke teachers. The black kid who yelled "It's cause I'm black, isn't it?" was using race as a cudgel to play the victim and guilt the white kid about not wanting to let him ride his bike. These are the social and racial dynamics caused by woke CRT stuff.

Back