• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barca vs. ManU/FedEx Field Question

West End Deac

Living The Last One Down
Reaction score
I'm taking my son up from W-S to the game on Saturday 7/30. $ for tickets isn't a huge consideration -- this is a big deal for my almost 8 yr old Barca fan (sorry, DV7 -- he's poisoned by FIFA 2011 success w/ Barcelona).

I don't know a lot about FedEx Field other than A) it's huge and B) it's in Landover. I'm staring down a set of section 300 seats right now around the top of the box for almost $300. Scary stupid, but it is what it is. I wish I had the nads to go up there with no tix but there are three of us, it's my son's first major soccer game experience (hell, mine too) and it's just not worth the gamble.

What say ye, Redskins fans re: 300 level seats around the 10 yd line and soccer fans re: seats at the top of the box. Worth it? Cheaper seats in the corners just as good. I'm skittish about heading up the 400s at FedEx -- just seems so far from the field.

Can't comment on FedEx Field since I've never been to a Redskins game, but I can tell you that at all of the soccer games I've been to (MLS games at Gillette Stadium in Mass.; Mens and Womens Olympic soccer in Atlanta in '96; a few international sites), I sat at the top of the box like you're describing or behind one of the goals and had absolutely no problem enjoying the game. Granted, there are other factors that go in to that kind of thing too (design of stadium, luck, style of the teams playing, etc.)

I went to the fed-ex field website. those ticket prices are insane. Maybe that's why you can still get seats in almost every section.

Thanks, SC, for the tip about top of the box/behind the goal -- much appreciated.

RJ, there are no tix left other than suite through FedEx Field but the open market is ridiculous. I hope you can appreciate that if it were just me and my brother that we would roll up there DonaldRoss style and scalp. My high school life was spent scalping games at Anaheim Stadium/The Forum/Dodger Stadium/The Sports Arena. But I'm chickensh*t when it comes to going up there and trying to buy three in a decent spot. I won't do 400s (upper deck) at FedEx b/c I want my boy to be closer.

Trust me, the thought of dropping $300 a piece on an exhibition match is KILLING me. And yet, it will absolutely make my kid's summer. He's a great kid to boot -- he deserves a fantasy game experience.

Last edited:
make sure you don't have obstructed view (there are a lot of OV seats at Fedex--generally under the overhang)

just google around and you'll find out which areas to avoid.

i can't say anything nice about Fedex, but it is what it is--just look out for the ob. view seats.

while living in DC, i used to joke that it was easier to go to a WF game in Winston than to a Redskins game in Landover.

300.00 is just stupid. It won't even be their A teams.

I can't speak for Barca, but it will mainly be United's "A" team. Only doubt would be Chicharito not joining with the club until they get back to Britain, as he might still be on holiday following the Gold Cup. Everyone else, including the new signings, will be there.

I can't speak for Barca, but it will mainly be United's "A" team. Only doubt would be Chicharito not joining with the club until they get back to Britain, as he might still be on holiday following the Gold Cup. Everyone else, including the new signings, will be there.

C'mon, the full "A" team won't be playing. It will be a mix of a few "stars" and some random subs and reserve-teamers.

Don't you dare pay $300 to see this game. You will have better success scalping nearby on game day.

There's no way united trots out their A team. Unless Wes Brown is A team. This match has Wes brown written all over it.

C'mon, the full "A" team won't be playing. It will be a mix of a few "stars" and some random subs and reserve-teamers.

Don't you dare pay $300 to see this game. You will have better success scalping nearby on game day.

There's no way united trots out their A team. Unless Wes Brown is A team. This match has Wes brown written all over it.

First question...what is United's "full A-team"?
Second question...why do you think Wes Brown will still be a United player come July 30th?
Third question...why do you speak of things you don't really understand?
Fourth question...why didn't you get tickets when they were just 75 bucks a pop?

This thread has epic written all over it. By the way, I really want to go to this match. The off chance of seeing Messi in person is to good to pass up.

Second question...why do you think Wes Brown will still be a United player come July 30th?
Fourth question...why didn't you get tickets when they were just 75 bucks a pop?

Unless the facility ITSELF is scalping tickets, the ONLY near $75 are in the nosebleed sections and they are $83-150.

Buying DIRECTLY froim the FedEx Field website the decent seasts are $300-700 for an exhibition game. It's absolutely outrageous.

ORLY?
Maybe now. I got tickets on the 2nd level near the halfway line for 70+5 processing during the pre-sale.

But I forgot, you know all. So I must be mistaken.

The one thing that is consistent here is you are an intentioanlly total asshole and always will be.

I went to the Fed-Ex Field website and clicked on the sections. If there's antother way to do it, I'd be happy to see it.

But you don't have to be a colossal asshole about about it.

So you think the starting XI will mirror the same squads that played in Wembley a few weeks back?

*obviously this is transfers pending.

So you think the starting XI will mirror the same squads that played in Wembley a few weeks back?

*obviously this is transfers pending.

I won't say they will be the same starting XIs, but I think United's side will be strong with many of the first teamers available and playing.

Thanks for the upbeat prediction, DV7. As long as a handful of the stars play some my kid will be happy.

My vast knowledge of the game (turn your sarcasm detector on) clued me into this match about three weeks ago. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll be overpaying for tickets but this is truly one of those "money is no object" (to a degree, anyway) days. My kid is 7 but can tell you from 1-20 the table order of teams in both the Premier League and La Liga (he typed them out, including promotions/relegations, and taped them to the wall by his bed). He reads iFooty every day for news. It's really absurd, actually, but in a good way. I want him to have a good time.

Still, the thought of paying for three tickets more than I paid for four WF FB season tickets? Nad shot.

I won't say they will be the same starting XIs, but I think United's side will be strong with many of the first teamers available and playing.

Back