• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

Donks are gonna donk. Sorry for the delay, bro. I was busy doing my job, mentoring young athletes, many of them black, and a few that will play in college.

It would be super nice to have a conversation without the name calling because I’m sure you have insights I don’t have that I would love to hear. Your attitude keeps that from happening.

Hartman loves Wake and I think the kid is all heart. I've never gotten that feel with Jamie. Throw after throw inaccurate in the grass during the bowl Jamie just smiled and blowed it off like he didn't care whereas I think it would fire Sam up.

That’s a horrible take.

That’s a horrible take.

Especially since on the last drive, Jamie was clearly hurt and could’ve laid down on the grass for a free timeout. Instead he kept getting up and trying to run plays and was PISSED when he was pulled for Hartman. Jamie gave it his all.

Should have been benched halfway through third quarter. Sounds like he resents Sam.
At some point, if he is so beat up, then he needs to ask to be taken out so the team has a better chance to win. You guys are making Jamie sound like a prima donna.

Hartman loves Wake and I think the kid is all heart. I've never gotten that feel with Jamie. Throw after throw inaccurate in the grass during the bowl Jamie just smiled and blowed it off like he didn't care whereas I think it would fire Sam up.

He was already talking to schools and knew he was gone. No wonder he was laughing because he was just playing for himself. He wanted to play well and win, but only inasmuch as that would help his future somewhere else. If I was a player or coach at WFU, I would be pissed at him for playing in the game because his heart wasn’t really in it. He will be a Duck or a Sooner next year, so what does winning the Pinstripe Bowl mean to him? He should have told Clawson of his intentions and let the coach decide if he would play.

Cmon man. These kids are the ultimate in competitors. To say they don't care about winning and playing for himself is dumb.

Especially since on the last drive, Jamie was clearly hurt and could’ve laid down on the grass for a free timeout. Instead he kept getting up and trying to run plays and was PISSED when he was pulled for Hartman. Jamie gave it his all.
He was pissed that he couldn’t heave it two more times after he had shit the bed the whole second half and part of the first? Sam walked up to him after he ran the two plays and Jamie wouldn’t even look at him. The TV had a close up of the interaction. Newman is a selfish dude.

Cmon man. These kids are the ultimate in competitors. To say they don't care about winning and playing for himself is dumb.

You don’t think he was wrong for talking to Oregon or whomever before the game and not telling Clawson he was moving on?

Should have been benched halfway through third quarter. Sounds like he resents Sam.
At some point, if he is so beat up, then he needs to ask to be taken out so the team has a better chance to win. You guys are making Jamie sound like a prima donna.

“...so the TEAM has a better chance to win.” If you are mainly concerned with yourself, you aren’t thinking about the team. That’s why he shouldn’t have played in the game.

You can't objectively deny that Newman looked awful against MSU (and weeks prior in his few drives vs. Syracuse). It's not *that* absurd to think that his mindset re: WFU and transferring could have played into that.

Also the Russell Wilson comps made earlier in this thread are ridiculous. He was completely pushed out at NC State because Tom O'Brien is an idiot: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-state-departure-coach-told-me-to-give-it-up/

It was nothing at all like this situation.

Crazy to think we might be watching Jamie play in the CFP next year. Worst case scenario, the Rose Bowl from the Oregon bench. He said after the Pinstripe Bowl he was going to make a smart decision. Objectively, he did that.

It was a fun ride. He was going to lose his job. You don't get drafted sitting at wake.

I thank Jamie for his contributions to Wake football - we weren't going to a bowl last year without him and he led us to another this year. I hope he has a great season wherever he lands and dream he is selected to be a Heisman finalist.

I'd love to see him seated with the other finalists as they hand Sam Hartman the trophy.

Crazy to think we might be watching Jamie play in the CFP next year. Worst case scenario, the Rose Bowl from the Oregon bench. He said after the Pinstripe Bowl he was going to make a smart decision. Objectively, he did that.

This might be the dumbest post in this thread.

Back