• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

I guess it’s impossible to not have the jilted lover reaction for some ardent fans but after awhile it looks a lot like LOWF which compounds the reaction.

Newman was not the only first string talented athlete to enter the portal. If he does well I’ll be boastful. If he doesn’t I’ll look the other way.

He struggled in the second half of the season due injuries not him playing poorly.

As to bailing on his team, he stayed for four years. He graduated. Selfish, entitled, privileged bozos, who would leave their job in a heartbeat for a better job, with a better future are trying to be holier than thou here. It's a terrible and transparent look.

Not sure there's a more hollow argument than "he stayed 4 years." It's not like you expect every player you redshirt to ditch you for their senior year of eligibility if they get really good.

That being said it will be very interesting to see how he plays against Bama and the like. After going 6/14, 41 yards and 2 INTs I would think there are a lot of fair questions to ask about him. If he struggles and is benched I would have to imagine that would have a profound impact on his draft stock.

Not sure there's a more hollow argument than "he stayed 4 years." It's not like you expect every player you redshirt to ditch you for their senior year of eligibility if they get really good.

Yep, it's just a really bad argument.

As Campanaro said on twitter, "come back and run it up with ur boys." He probably knows a few things about this...

Camp said that about Newman?

Yep. This is the exact tweet, "Na this is weak unless there is something we don’t know. We have a top program in the country. It’s 2020 you will get seen wherever you play. Josh Allen went to Wyoming.. I’m all about player movement but come back and run it up with ur boys!"

I’m absolutely convinced Newman was promised the starting job. That means you start. It does not mean you necessarily finish the first game as the starter.

I’m not even sure it means anything once he gets on campus. Kirby will play the guy who gives him the best chance to win. Period. He’s not going to worry about honoring some promise to a guy who’s gonna be there one season.

Yep. This is the exact tweet, "Na this is weak unless there is something we don’t know. We have a top program in the country. It’s 2020 you will get seen wherever you play. Josh Allen went to Wyoming.. I’m all about player movement but come back and run it up with ur boys!"

Savage. Love Camp.

Until he lost 4 out of his last 5 games while playing like dog shit. Amazing how many poster are able to pretend that the last half of the season did not happen.

Jamie started believing the Heisman hype and decided he was too good for Wake scrubs and coaching staff.

Will be surprised if he lives up to all of this hype.
I could go in on this.

Interesting...

Newman absolutely sucked the last half of the season. Hartman would have won at Cuse and the bowl game.

Why did newman suck? Our offense puts a lot of pressure in the QB to make a read near the line of scrimmage. Jamie can throw an accurate long ball and he is an absolute Beast running the ball.

Suratt and Scottie made a lot of plays on the outside down the field. Newman could put it in a spot and they made plays.

As the season went on Newman ran too much. He is terrible at going through progressions and making a quick read. He seldom threw the slant. He likes contact, and when he gets his energy level up he runs too much. Thus getting himself banged up and hurting his throwing motion.

Also he was used like a fullback at times. Not optimal for an NFL prospect.

I believe that Jamie made a sound decision for himself, perhaps he can grow at Georgia as they play a pocket passing offense. Old school and outdated in my opinion. He can hand the ball,of to 5* backs and throw the ball downfield from the pocket. He will have more time to go through his progressions.

His decision making in our RPO was mediocre at best, his skills as a runner made up for it.

Love his warrior attitude and wish him well, but Hartman is still 2 years away from where Jamie was when he started his positive run.

If Jamie doesn’t learn to regulate his temperament then he will run an get killed in the SEC. Also he has no idea how much pressure there will be on him at Ga. If he grows and they protect him it is a fact that he has the skill level and long ball arm to be successful.

Without Dave Clawson & Co. (Ruggerio, etc.) Jamie Newman would not ever have enrolled at Georgia. The Mit Shah's, Sutton's, McCreary's and many, many others have much to brag about quite frankly. It was the WF program that realized Newman's potential and developed it. Kirby Smart didn't. Dabo Swinney didn't. Dave Doeren didn't.

The next time a kid who has been developed at WF hears from an agent or pro scout about taking their talents elsewhere while holding a starting position at WF, never forget the Coach who will be your loudest and best voice to the NFL scouts when it really matters: Dave Clawson.

Great, we can be a minor league team for SEC programs!

Back