• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Coaching Situation Thread No PM Jokes (PMs are a tired gag circa 2008)

I am interested in legit conversation even rumors regarding our potential coaching situation. Interests include:

* Will Manning be fired or not at seasons end (or sooner)?
(Logic says yes) - Yes

* If so, who is going to do the primary hiring - Currie or Wellman or both?
(Logic says Currie) Currie

* Who are the realistic options as coach? Pipe dreams? Rumors?
(no logic currently) -- All I have are rumors. I wouldn't be surprised if we hire Wes Miller

Frustrating returning to threads that once had information and discussion only to find dozens of useless PM gag posts. I feel like I am watching a herd of cattle run off a cliff. PMs jokes are more than stale). PM's are no joke, man...Don't spam the boards with lies.

Once this thread gets going, I am happy to delete the portion of the title of this thread - the big reveal that PMs aren't real, don't happen, and are part of board lore from a decade ago so that you can sucker newbies with your tired PM schtick.

Go

Delete now.

Pretty fun sometimes to be a lurker on these forums. The same people playing the PM game are the ones who think we are deserving (or capable) of getting a big name coach to come resurrect the program. I just read ESPN's article on who Wake will target and it was Miller, Kelsey, Grant and (insert name of coach in the Southeast). Seems like a chicken-or-the-egg situation to me: what came first, our joke of a basketball program or joke of a fan base?

Pretty fun sometimes to be a lurker on these forums. The same people playing the PM game are the ones who think we are deserving (or capable) of getting a big name coach to come resurrect the program. I just read ESPN's article on who Wake will target and it was Miller, Kelsey, Grant and (insert name of coach in the Southeast). Seems like a chicken-or-the-egg situation to me: what came first, our joke of a basketball program or joke of a fan base?

link?

^^Now that is how you put together a stupid post.

10/10

one day you'll get a PM and then you'll understand

People don't understand the value of originality sadly. Piling on is not a social media phenomenon, but it's infinitely sader.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/26151080/every-job-coach-keep-eye-on

Wake Forest: Danny Manning has a contract guaranteed through 2025, and while there's no definitive amount on the buyout, one can be assured it's in the eight figures. Either way, the latest buzz out of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is that Manning is likely coaching his final few weeks for the Demon Deacons. So who's next? Given the massive buyout, it's unclear how much Wake Forest will want to spend on its replacement. The Demon Deacons will likely hope to lure a high-major name, but if that doesn't work, expect the long list of successful mid-major coaches in the Southeast to fill the candidate pool: Wofford's Mike Young, UNC Greensboro's Wes Miller, Winthrop's Pat Kelsey and Charleston's Earl Grant.

The Rangers suck, go back to lurking.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/26151080/every-job-coach-keep-eye-on

Wake Forest: Danny Manning has a contract guaranteed through 2025, and while there's no definitive amount on the buyout, one can be assured it's in the eight figures. Either way, the latest buzz out of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is that Manning is likely coaching his final few weeks for the Demon Deacons. So who's next? Given the massive buyout, it's unclear how much Wake Forest will want to spend on its replacement. The Demon Deacons will likely hope to lure a high-major name, but if that doesn't work, expect the long list of successful mid-major coaches in the Southeast to fill the candidate pool: Wofford's Mike Young, UNC Greensboro's Wes Miller, Winthrop's Pat Kelsey and Charleston's Earl Grant.
Which is basically what everyone here is saying except for the buyout speculation.

Another reporter talking an 8-figure buyout. Blah. Fucking hell, Ron.

Yeah that article doesn't say who we "will" target - it lists backup options from the region if we don't get a "high-major name."

Hell that person probably read the boards and put that blurb together.

Wellman and Hatch should have to pool their allowances to pay DM’s buyout so we can hire a coach who can fix the pile of crap they made our program. :mad:

And 99% of that buyout, no matter the amount, should go straight into John Collins's bank account. Absolute joke.

Wellman and Hatch should have to pool their allowances to pay DM’s buyout so we can hire a coach who can fix the pile of crap they made our program. :mad:

I think the dark, smoke filled room of boosters who decided to upgrade the sports facilities will also be willing to handle enough of the buyout to guarantee a good coach and a reasonable salary for that coach.

Ronnie "Lowball" Wellman isn't in charge anymore (as of May 1st, allegedly), and hopefully the shadowy cabal wants to showcase this.

And 99% of that buyout, no matter the amount, should go straight into John Collins's bank account. Absolute joke.

We don't beat Richmond on December 3rd without Austin Arians, and if we lost to Richmond we wouldn't have made the NCAA tournament, so I propose splitting it 50/50 between JC and AA.

Back