• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball on an aircraft carrier?!

ResilientDeac

Reaction score
North Carolina and Michigan State are set to play on an aircraft carrier.

IMO this is silly! When did basketball cease to be enough that we have to play it on a boat so more people will watch...

Last edited:

IMO this is retarded! When did basketball cease to be enough that we have to play it on a boat so more people will watch...

It's for the military and their families for Veterans Day. Almost all of the tickets are going to military folks that don't normally get to attend games. I'm sure that a lot of people will tune in because it is on a boat, but it is primarily for the vets as a thanks for what they do.

IMO this is retarded! When did basketball cease to be enough that we have to play it on a boat so more people will watch...

Choose a better word next time please.

And pick something else to criticize. This is a morale boost and fundraiser for active military and their families.

I haven't heard much about this...where is this carrier going to be? Is it docked somewhere, or is it actually floating in the ocean somewhere?

Docked somewhere outside of San Diego I believe. Obama is supposed to be there. I think it'll be a pretty cool spectacle.

x2_9395aac

x2_93950c3

Last edited:
Choose a better word next time please.

And pick something else to criticize. This is a morale boost and fundraiser for active military and their families.

Ok calm down. Haven't heard much about it and just saw it on a commercial. I also stated my opinion. That's it

My friend got a couple of the public tickets made available. I just hope UNC loses so his night won't be as incredible as it would have been otherwise.

This is pretty cool no matter how much you hate UNC and MSU.

Back