• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Syracuse is his hometown school that just offered. He just returned from ND and had a great visit. One more thing, ND started recruiting Cavanaugh after the unfortunate end to Eric Katenda's carrer.

Last edited:
About six or seven years ago when I said we should watch some of what we say on the boards because it wil lbe used against us in recruiting, most said I was crazy. Over the past three years, we have seen empirical proof that this is the case, yet many here don't give a rat's ass.

The more material we give to our competitors in public, the more we make failure or mediocrity a self-fulfilling prophecy. We don't have to be Mary Poppins, but we don't need to be a collection of Freddie Krugers either.

This is silliness. The importance of the boards outside the boards is just a ridiculous argument. While it's true that the younger generations now follow this world as opposed to the non-internet medium, there's no substitute for simply building a consistently winning program. That doesn't happen on the internet. To do that you need consistently winning coaching. The players come and go, but the coaches stay. Bz in or Bz out, winning is what will make recruits want to come to Wake Forest, not what a handful of internet goobers type. Stop making excuses, coach 'em up, win some f-ing games, and get the idiot student body to use their opportunity to show up and support the team EVERY game.

This is silliness. The importance of the boards outside the boards is just a ridiculous argument. While it's true that the younger generations now follow this world as opposed to the non-internet medium, there's no substitute for simply building a consistently winning program. That doesn't happen on the internet.QUOTE]

So, by that logic, what do you think the chances are that Ron Wellman reads these boards?

You ever sit next to that guy on the subway who won't stop ranting to himself? He thinks he has an audience, too, by that logic.

But yeah, remember Vander Blue? Next time you're on the internet-medium, fusiondad, you should check it out.

They attacked Vander Blue personally. I don't see many people attacking recruits here personally.

Well, except for rjkarl questioning why we should even be even a "least bit interested" in recruiting Cavanaugh.

I wasn't the first person on this thread to call you out on that comment. But I'm glad that you can no longer feign ignorance on your hypocrisy being pointed out to you.

Did you or did you not post this:

I don't see why we are the least bit interested in this guy.

In response to this:

T.Cavanaugh will take an official to ND this weekend and Wake the following weekeND.

And go on to post this:

The more people go over the top this fall/winter the less our chances with Gill, McClinton and other will be.

But feel good about being big, tough, internet warriors.

Remember Exclusive told us even back to OOC, kids did pay attention to really bad stuff from fans of schools they are interested in.

Ask Vander Blue if it matters.....as ESPN......or TSN.....

But keep telling yourself it doesn't matter.

Don't worry about how much evidence there is. Keeping acting like tough guys...see where we go.....your actions can help make your prophecies true....that's what's it about.

Care to explain yourself?

To the rest of the board, sorry for letting Dv7 get under my skin. The rest of you shouldn't have to deal with it.

I am completely willing to not have this situation, but he insists on doing it over and over again.

I'm still willing.

EDIT: I deleted the other posts. there's no sense in derailing this again.....

Last edited:
I didn't personally attack you. I pointed out a hypocritical post of yours.

I agree that we should move on tho. Cheers.

DV7, stop PMing me....I'm done with you....have the decency to act in the same way.

Hahahaha, you just PMed me twice in response to a PM I sent you. I replied to one of those responses.

Jesus, you're such a self-reported martyr.

I wonder if UCLA getting K.Anderson will impact Moto. Anderson at 6.8 wants to play pg. They are still going all out for#1 S.Muhammed. I think that Moto might choose between Vandy and Wake.

Anderson really wants to be a PG and UCLA needs one. An Anderson/Muhammed class would be #1.

It would be a huge chance for moto to take to sign at UCLA.

Great find about Anderson.

EDIT: UCLA has signed Findlay Prep PG. Which could help with Muhanmmed. They have also signed Jordan Adams (Oak Hill but from CA) a 6'5 SF - he might play some SG.

If UCLA signs Muhammed, that woudl be three guys who could play Moto's position.

Last edited:
Thanks, I for one am more than willing to tone it down during this key recruiting period.

Our top need is a PF-we only have three guys to play PF/C going forward
Equal to that is the need for a SG-with the loss of JT Chase will be our only SG after 12-13

T,Cavanaugh visits then in Oct. D.Thomas followed by M.Wood. Jank and Moto are still priorities. Will we take 5 or 6 ? A guard would not be likely until the spring. Not a breakthrough class unless several of our players turn out to be a lot better than their rankings.

It won't be a breakout class, but it should be one to be able to be used to put us in the right direction.

If they play to the potential and our returning players have simple natural improvemnt. we should be back in the Dance.

To have a cup of coffee as a 8th seed in a regional after 4 years with Bz is not a lot to look forward to as a Wake fan.

Back