• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update - 4/16/11

I honestly feel bad for the kid. With every twist and turn, it seems like someone is behind the scenes calling the shots.

I won't believe any list until i see the hats on the table in front of him and then he puts one on, unless he pulls a random hat out from underneath the table which would make sense for how his recruitment has gone

Here's a picture of where he's holding his announcement:

Lids-02.jpg

Katenda's coach says Eric is "perplexed" and needs a few more days. All indications remain it's between us and Notre Dame.

Really hope we break out of this funk and get Katenda. I don't want to be scrambling around for a European all summer.

Guy visits a #2 seed and leaves perplexed. Can't ask for much better than that.

Agree that perplexed is good. I think it probably means he likes Wake more, but recognizes that Notre Dame is the more logical choice.

Agreed, TBR.

Does ND even have anyone in the NBA other than Troy Murphy? I mean ND may be a logical choice from having a better team next year, but they aren't exactly turning out pro players.

Notre Dame beat writer twitter:

Sunrise Christian Academy coach Kyle Lindsted on Eric Katenda: "He's pretty perplexed right now. He needs a few more days." 2 hours ago

Lindsted said he and Eric Katenda spent 40 minutes talking about #NotreDame visit on ride home from airport Sunday... 2 hours ago

...and after those 40 minutes, Lindsted was "no closer to understanding his thought process." 2 hours ago

Lindsted said both #NotreDame coach Mike Brey and #WakeForest coach Jeff Bdzelik would make visits to Sunrise Christian Academy this week. 2 hours ago

Lindsted said Katenda also may make one more visit to a "mystery school" but would not name the school. He did say it's not Kansas. 2 hours ago

Eric Katenda could have a decision by the end of the week. 2 hours ago

Looked for sure to be a 50/50 between us and ND... little upset at this possible mystery visit.

There's been word of big programs trying to get involved with Katenda for a while now, but he was sticking with us and NC because we kept recruiting him through the illness. Hopefully he isn't wooed late.

Late 3rd party crashers always ruin a good time. Way to ruin the three way, ya jerk college.

There's been word of big programs trying to get involved with Katenda for a while now, but he was sticking with us and NC because we kept recruiting him through the illness. Hopefully he isn't wooed late.

Yeah, this is a valid concern, especially if he's torn.

Also, Luke Harangody went to ND.

Telep speaking about the CC (hadn't seen this quote yet):

I was really surprised by Wake’s two pledges. Codi is sturdy and to me has a really good chance of gaining Jeff [Redacted]’s trust as a freshman. He exceeded expectations. Rountree was one of the best passers there and his size is impressive.

Back