• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Transfers - Chase 1st to Leave, Others...?

were his numbers significantly better during our OOC schedule?

10 Chase Fischer 30 3 431 14.4 46 115 .400 35 81 .432 9 15 .600 5 30 35 1.2 23 0 20 19 3 11 136 4.5
Conference-Only... 18 0 224 12.4 22 59 .373 17 45 .378 4 9 .444 4 15 19 1.1 11 0 10 8 1 5 65 3.6

Can we just stop recruiting white guards? Who was our last good one, Rusty?

The only person who would deserve this reaction is Thomas. That would be something else!

300px-Rock_Bottom.jpg

The Wake Forest transfer "issue" goes waaaay back. In my class, we were 0-3 (Charlie Thomas, Jeff McGill, Hart Ortmann). The next class was one of those big classes we love, 6 freshman, 1 graduate (Cal Boyd) 5 transfers (Mike Scott, Arthur Larkins, Paul Deibert, Rod Watson, Clay Dade). These were Tacy recruits, for the record, even though the 86 recruits never played for him.

We have a transfer issue that extends beyond whoever the coach happens to be. Though certainly Bz appears to be "above average".

My challenge to the board (because I'm too lazy to do the research) is what class did graduate x of x players?

ETA: where x> 1.

Last edited:
That was the awful place you, bro and I first stopped at in Long Beach.

If I was Travis I would look to transfer to Butler or VCU. I'd sit out a year and attempt to play my fifth year. That would give me two years to develop under solid coaches, Stevens or Smart. I get to practice the year I sit out. Hopefully I would develop enough for NBA if not always overseas. Only miss out on one year. Big risk next year is at MSD Travis will have to create....That could be ugly....

Last edited:
The Wake Forest transfer "issue" goes waaaay back. In my class, we were 0-3 (Charlie Thomas, Jeff McGill, Hart Ortmann). The next class was one of those big classes we love, 6 freshman, 1 graduate (Cal Boyd) 5 transfers (Mike Scott, Arthur Larkins, Paul Deibert, Rod Watson, Clay Dade). These were Tacy recruits, for the record, even though the 86 recruits never played for him.

We have a transfer issue that extends beyond whoever the coach happens to be. Though certainly Bz appears to be "above average".

My challenge to the board (because I'm too lazy to do the research) is what class did graduate x of x players?

ETA: where x> 1.

Graduate would be 2004 and 2002 although CamStan and Joyce didn't finish their eligibility at Wake.

The last class to play all 4 years was the 1999 ABCDE class. Antwan Scott, Broderick Hicks, Craig Dawson, Darius Songaila, and Ervin Murray. Of course they came in after a 6 man class with 3 transfers in the 1998 class.

Transfers were bad under Odom, worse under Prosser, and horrific under Bz.

Graduates in May.

His son graduated last May. Is a freshmen this year at ECU.

I would love to see Jeff B (the one worth a damn) get a better opportunity. He's a good guy, has always had a good rapport with players and our alumni players. Would hate to lose that connection; but after all he's been through -- losing his mentor, losing his wife, gaining Bzz -- he deserves much more than we're able to offer him. Hell, we all deserve more than what we're getting right now, but particularly Coach B. I appreciate him sticking it out through this fiasco...time to think about his career now.

were his numbers significantly better during our OOC schedule?

Well his numbers were not really ever "bad" at any point since he was top 5 in the conference in 3% shooting and shot 42% from outside on the year. But after shooting 18-36 in the non-conference season he started 2-11 over the first 9 games of the conference season. He actually did everything we recruited him to do: he shot threes. I assume that's all we ever expected since that's all he did in high school. He was never good on defense and was always a slow white dude.

Back