• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Transfers - Chase 1st to Leave, Others...?

There is also a difference in talking about a player who is on our team transferring and a recruit we might land. Just my $.02.

RJ, if the thread title were changed to "Who will Bz run off this year?" would that satisfy your concerns?

RJ, if the thread title were changed to "Who will Bz run off this year?" would that satisfy your concerns?

Nope. What's puzzling is you agreed with the premise a page ago.

What's telling is none of the three people most currently and intimately involved with our team have either agreed (#s and doofus) or refused to talk about specifics (Babydeac).

That should say something.

What's telling is none of the three people most currently and intimately involved with our team have either agreed (#s and doofus) or refused to talk about specifics (Babydeac).

You give the doofi too much credit. And BabyDeac never gives specifics.

I see a difference b/w talking about a potential recruit and a current player. Not that I necessarily have a problem with talking about either (although this thread will likely just be rampant speculation with useless info).

There is also a difference in talking about a player who is on our team transferring and a recruit we might land. Just my $.02.

right, but vander blue is rj's example of why we shouldn't disparage recruits and he does just that.

he's a hypocrite. i know this is news to everybody (well, it's news to rj).

right, but vander blue is rj's example of why we shouldn't disparage recruits and he does just that.

he's a hypocrite. i know this is news to everybody (well, it's news to rj).

What's the Vander Blue story?

Vander Blue was signed to go to Wisconsin after tons of negative posts about him he decommitted and went to Marquette. He told ESPN about the reason.

Milhouse is too filled with blind hate to understand that maybe a player may not be the optimum choice before we sign him and then be totally supportive once he's a Deac.

It's not hypocrisy to say what's true and then try to make the best out of the situation. BSD, sort of like your not being your wife's first choice, but she's happy with you now.

People were talking about him struggling to make the grades to qualify on some message board of Wisconsin. He got wind of this and decommitted.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11776517

Vander Blue was signed to go to Wisconsin after tons of negative posts about him he decommitted and went to Marquette. He told ESPN about the reason.

Milhouse is too filled with blind hate to understand that maybe a player may not be the optimum choice before we sign him and then be totally supportive once he's a Deac.

It's not hypocrisy to say what's true and then try to make the best out of the situation. BSD, sort of like your not being your wife's first choice, but she's happy with you now.

Thanks. And very true re Mrs. BSD. Well, I hope she's happy.

For a minute I thought we had a chance at Vander Blue but this board or TOS scared him off. I would have murdered you all if that were the case.*

*Note to WFPD: I would not, in fact, have murdered anyone. In fact I like nearly every post I've met, which is quite a few. It is just a comment on how desperately we need a player like Vander Blue that I would JOKE about murder.

I agreed with the premise that "Who's transferring?" can devolve into who we don't want at Wake, but I also think tone is everything. If it's "Who will Bz run off this year?" it is clear that the reason we are asking is that Bz is a self-centered egotistical asshole who treats his players like shit. Context to me is everything.

I have no problem saying this is a good thing if it's one of the freshmen. Having an 8-man class devastates a program. I don't want any one individual player to leave, but as a fan of the program, this is a good thing.

I agreed with the premise that "Who's transferring?" can devolve into who we don't want at Wake, but I also think tone is everything. If it's "Who will Bz run off this year?" it is clear that the reason we are asking is that Bz is a self-centered egotistical asshole who treats his players like shit. Context to me is everything.

It still puts the players in a bad position. It would devolve into who is leaving. Why is not important.

In some ways, the context can be worse. The players and the families could think, "what do these guys know that we don't".

There's no reason for threads like this. Let it play out and then discuss it.

I have no problem saying this is a good thing if it's one of the freshmen. Having an 8-man class devastates a program. I don't want any one individual player to leave, but as a fan of the program, this is a good thing.

I am never going to say that I want one of our players to leave. Once they join the team, they are part of the Wake family (I make a special exception for Bz here; he will never be a part of the Wake "family" as far as I'm concerned).

That said, especially since the ACC Sports Journal article I have wondered if Bz created this situation intentionally as a sort of poison pill.

filled with blind hate regarding what?

- you throw vander blue out as an example that we shouldn't talk bad about recruits.
- you talk bad about one of our recruits.

so what is it, we can't talk bad about recruits? or only you can talk bad about recruits?

Back