• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Battleshots!

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Do want!

http://izismile.com/2013/08/13/i_want_this_awesome_homemade_drinking_game_24_pics.html

i_want_this_awesome_homemade_drinking_game_640_19.jpg

That. Looks. AWESOME.

If any of you boards' handy bros wanna make one I'd definitely pay for it.

2014 tailgate additions to the Touchdown Trailer
#1 Battleshots

That actually wouldn't be too hard to make. As the creator said, lots of routing. Also lots of drilling for the holes in the hit/miss boards. The spacing looks like standard 1x3 lumber which he used for the boats. Wish he had said more about the cups/glasses he used, size, and where he got them.

One thing I would do is after staining, put a bunch of coats of marine quality polyurethane all over it. That would protect it from beer and rain. If it got beer spilled on it, just hose it off and let it dry before storing.

I would make smaller and use liquor shots. Beers would get hot, and depending on the liquor of choice, more pain for the player whose boat is sunk.

I would make smaller and use liquor shots. Beers would get hot, and depending on the liquor of choice, more pain for the player whose boat is sunk.
That'd be pretty dangerous, unless you were going with something like a sangria or a punch. Doing straight liquor shots could be catastrophic, especially if you have more than a couple vessels in your fleet. Lets face it, we're the American Navy, not a bunch of Somali Pirates. No way in hell we're going to war with a life boat. You've got to have at least a destroyer, a battleship, and an aircraft carrier.

Last edited:

That'd be pretty dangerous, unless you were going with something like a sangria or a punch. Doing straight liquor shots could be catastrophic, especially if you have more than a couple vessels in your fleet. Lets face it, we're the American Navy, not a bunch of Somali Pirates. No way in hell we're going to war with a life boat. You've got to have at least a destroyer, a battleship, and an aircraft carrier.

The boats in the link to the game held a total of 12 drinks per team. One 4, two 3s and a 2. Looked like maybe 6 oz juice glasses (each could hold about a half can of beer). This is all guesswork, based on the only dimensions given, that the board is 2 ft x 2 ft. If you went with shot glasses, the game board and boats could be smaller, maybe 18 x18 inches, or 3/4 the size he made. Make the grid squares 2 x 2, and the apron 1 inch, and it's 18 inches square.

Well, just did a real quick and dirty version of this for a barbecue tomorrow. used some checkerboards from the dollar store, some 1x2 for the boats and little plastic shot glasses from Party city. A quarter sheet of 1/2 inxh plywood for the base and two 24x30 poster boards for the dividers/tracking boards. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Well, just did a real quick and dirty version of this for a barbecue tomorrow. used some checkerboards from the dollar store, some 1x2 for the boats and little plastic shot glasses from Party city. A quarter sheet of 1/2 inxh plywood for the base and two 24x30 poster boards for the dividers/tracking boards. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Pics plz

Well, I finally have some pics on my camera. Any advice on where to get them hosted so I can post them here?

nxj8so.jpg

x2j5o9.jpg

OK, a couple of pics. One side showing, with a close up of the ships. The view blocks/target boards are a little tall. Had those pieces of plywood and no time to cut and fit. The board with the ships is 48 x 24. Checker boards are just shy of 12 in square. view block/target boards are 40 inches tall. They could be shorter. cups are 1.5 oz plastic shot glasses. Fit nicely into 1-1/4 inch holes. Boats are 1x2. Plastic sheeting over the checkerboards to protect from heavy seas. Two colors of sticky note flags for hits and misses.

Last edited:
Back