• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

If it's related to academics and his combo of ACT/SAT and GPA are lower than WFU standards, he could be in a position where he could sign, but doesn't want to because there's no guarantee he will ultimately get there. Whereas he's already there for UAB

If it's related to academics and his combo of ACT/SAT and GPA are lower than WFU standards, he could be in a position where he could sign, but doesn't want to because there's no guarantee he will ultimately get there. Whereas he's already there for UAB

No. Look at the dudes offer sheet and that Beta Club thing. I don't think academics are the issue.

Is there any possibility that the staff told him that there is a strong possibility that they will not be here next season and that he backed out for that reason?

To expand: could it be that the word is out that the AD will be relieved of his duties and Bz knows that without Mr. Wellman he will not be retained?

Is there any possibility that the staff told him that there is a strong possibility that they will not be here next season and that he backed out for that reason?

To expand: could it be that the word is out that the AD will be relieved of his duties and Bz knows that without Mr. Wellman he will not be retained?

don't toy with our emotions like this

This is just unreal. How could this happen at the very last second. The landing gear was down and we were 50 ft above the runway.

Major Update: http://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/1...t-sign-national-letter-of-intent-what-we-know

It appears that any pulling of the scholarship was reactionary to something on Haas' side.

Confusing to this line of thinking is the tweet from the uncle about Haas receiving bad news from us. Maybe Haas wanted to postpone his signing and visit UAB if he did want to play closer to home and our staff wasn't good with that?? Would that merit the "bad news" comment? There's plenty to critique about Buzz but maybe this isn't one of those times?

The thing that bothers me is the timing of the whole incident. I mean I suppose it's conceivable that we just found out about whatever information it is that would force us to pull the scholarship on signing day (or the night before) but on the other hand that's one hell of a coincidence. Did a brief search and it doesn't appear he was charged in state court in Alabama with anything and I really struggle to believe that it's academics if he had offers from Stanford, UVA, Wake, and Harvard, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

If we heard he was wavering in his decision and then we pulled the scholarship then we have the most idiotic coaching staff in the country.

Maybe he did ask to visit UAB prior to signing and bzz threatened to pull the offer if he did. Backfired?

If we heard he was wavering in his decision and then we pulled the scholarship then we have the most idiotic coaching staff in the country.

The social media posts about signing day just don't line up with this.

Maybe he did ask to visit UAB prior to signing and bzz threatened to pull the offer if he did. Backfired?

This makes the most sense. It may also be pretty clear that he will choose UAB so Bz is trying to save face by pulling the ship.

why is his uncle asking seth greenberg what to do if they told wake they wanted to visit uab and wake said no? just go to uab now... which is what it appears he is doing.

I cannot believe for one second it was because of talent or scholarships. Let's be honest, there's at least one current player that is being recruited over here. They would have this all figured out by now or at least a plan in place. One would hope.

Also highly, highly doubt academics. Where does that leave us?

The thing that bothers me is the timing of the whole incident. I mean I suppose it's conceivable that we just found out about whatever information it is that would force us to pull the scholarship on signing day (or the night before) but on the other hand that's one hell of a coincidence. Did a brief search and it doesn't appear he was charged in state court in Alabama with anything and I really struggle to believe that it's academics if he had offers from Stanford, UVA, Wake, and Harvard, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

I think we have our answer.

I cannot believe for one second it was because of talent or scholarships. Let's be honest, there's at least one current player that is being recruited over here. They would have this all figured out by now or at least a plan in place. One would hope.

Also highly, highly doubt academics. Where does that leave us?

It's pretty difficult to recruit over the 77th best player in the country when you've shown only a modicum of an ability to get top 100 players in the first place.

Back