• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

not sure why some people get worked up about recruiting jucos. if my job is to win and i am at a "less prestigious" school i may need to recruit jucos to keep up. take me from an A-10 job to an ACC job and tell me juco's aren't viable that's ok because i can get in the door to see bigger and better recruits with my ACC shirt on.

I don't think he has gotten one Juco ever?

Maybe you're right. Looks like he may have one coming in next year Jaquan Lynch? Had a few others transfer in and out (to Jucos) of the program. I know there had been some upheaval, but probably nothing more than the work of a good aggresive recruiter.

No Archie, no Masiello, likely no Shaka...it's coming down to Howland and White and we know how the fanbase feels about that (over 80% prefer the guy who went to three straight Final Fours).

The guy who has the Final Fours was run out of town after having the #1 recruiting class in the country that has all but one returning. They also won the PAC 12 championship that year.

I can't think of this ever happening before. He must be very tough to work with for this to have happened. His results over the past four years are less than inspiring.

Add to the above, his ego priced himself out of the second best job that is currently available.

PASS

The guy who has the Final Fours was run out of town after having the #1 recruiting class in the country that has all but one returning. They also won the PAC 12 championship that year.

I can't think of this ever happening before. He must be very tough to work with for this to have happened. His results over the past four years are less than inspiring.

Add to the above, his ego priced himself out of the second best job that is currently available.

PASS

I'm going to enjoy watching you flail about if Howland ends up as our coach.

Derek Piper ‏@DerekPiper247 2m
Mitchell played PG at Oak Hill Academy. Could try to get out of his Wake Forest LOI with new staff. #Illini were in pursuit before commit.

Some premium article on the Illinois 247 site about Mitchell

Derek Piper ‏@DerekPiper247 2m
Mitchell played PG at Oak Hill Academy. Could try to get out of his Wake Forest LOI with new staff. #Illini were in pursuit before commit.

Some premium article on the Illinois 247 site about Mitchell
Meh, I don't buy it. Shelton has known for a long time that a coaching change was coming.

Shelton basically said when he committed that he committed to Wake, not the coach. It's pretty obvious the kid loves the Deacs and wants to play with McClinton.

McClinton is the real deal. He could be our TJ Warren with the way he can score. Will be a huge upgrade in our scoring ability as a team

yup, very good chance he scores 25/game and enters the draft as a potential lottery pick next year. so pumped.

Back