• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

I like the 8 man class. Which one of those guys do you not like?

Great question Lectro! Also, kind of strange to take a dig at the recruiting as we land a top flight center to go with Mitchell.

We landed a top-20 center in the class of 2014, a guy who is ranked most recently as the #99 prospect in the country. The Rivals #58 will likely change, perhaps for the better, but it's not current.

In historical context, that's lower than Weaver (RSCI #73), Swinton (RSCI #76), Vytas (RSCI #85), Bill (RSCI #93), and Melvin (RSCI #94), and better than Chris Ellis (RSCI #120), Kyle Visser (UR), and Chas McFarland (UR). It's a crapshoot, of course, but that's his placement in historical context.

Can we not keep our expectations realistic, and just be excited that the staff landed their big?

I think that's the better question here, especially because the tape reveals Haas to be at least two years away from being ACC-ready.

DV7, I just made you my little bitch, didn't I? The Stratton triplets can shove their two bit banner up their collective hiney holes. The apple is back on top, baby!

An apple a day keeps the haders away, baby!!

After landing vanilla sasquatch, I went down on some tasty pizza, then I went home and re-enacted this scene:

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.jpg

<thrust>take<thrust>that<thrust>D<thrust>V<thrust>7!!!!!!!!!!<thrust>oops.....

THE BUZZ IS BACK IN TOWN, baby!!!!!!!!

Great news................Welcome Isaac.
He really is a 'Big Man'

It's recruiting.Can't complian about football getting outflanked in salesmanship and then complain about how Bzzzz closed the job on this recruit.

Sure he can. Consider the source.

So ... Funny that playing time as a motivator came up I the haas piece. I only occassionally agree w Rj these days. But he sure takes a lot of shit even when he is essentially right. I think only the president is as considtently shat on.

So ... Funny that playing time as a motivator came up I the haas piece. I only occassionally agree w Rj these days. But he sure takes a lot of shit even when he is essentially right. I think only the president is as considtently shat on.

not so sure about that one sweet cheeks. i shit on you about 3 times a week.

PT was a consideration, for sure, but are you looking past the fact that his interests in biomedical engineering play to one of Wake's academic strengths, that he had an outstanding visit highlighted by pick-up with CP3 and Ish, and that he will be closer to home than at Purdue? This is the article that TITSWF posted before from which you seem to draw your conclusion:

Hokes Bluff, AL (Future150) -- Heading into his slew of visits, 2014 Hokes Bluff (Ala.) center Isaac Haas was looking for the right fit and a comfortable home.

Following his official visit to Wake Forest, he found that fit unexpectedly.

"Heading into the visit I had no intentions of committing. Everyone was on an even playing field," he told Future150.com.

In the end, Wake Forest gives Haas the full package.

"It was just a gut feeling. The offense is great, the coaching is great, and the plans for the future are great. It felt so much like home."

Head coach Jeff [Redacted] has big plans for Haas, as he has the world of potential at 7-foot-1.

"Coach [Redacted] told me if he gets ahold of me during the summer, I would be starting next year. He thinks I can become a driving force in the ACC," he explained.

Haas was also considering Purdue, Texas A&M, Virginia, and UAB.

Haas is a four-star and ranked No. 84 in the 2014 Future150 rankings.

That's the problem with opining in extremes. It leaves no room for the nuance with which folks typically live our lives...

PT was a consideration, for sure, but are you looking past the fact that his interests in biomedical engineering play to one of Wake's academic strengths, that he had an outstanding visit highlighted by pick-up with CP3 and Ish, and that he will be closer to home than at Purdue? This is the article that TITSWF posted before from which you seem to draw your conclusion:

That's the problem with opining in extremes. It leaves no room for the nuance with which folks typically live our lives...

Wake has a biomedical engineering program now? Damn, talk about culture change.

The ONLY extreme opinion was you intentionally misrepresenting what I said by posting "solely". I NEVER said anything vaguely like that.

Just like you've done over and over, you blame me for your mistakes.

Clearly PT was major factor in us signing Haas. The kid himself said,""Coach [Redacted] told me if he gets a hold of me during the summer, I would be starting next year"

Of course Strickland will dance around this and come up with some BS. But he can't change two things- #1 I NEVER was extreme on this thread about PT and #2 -Haas mentioned starting as a reason for picking Wake.

Dance Strickland dance. Because are unwilling and incapable of admitting that what I said came to pass and that once again you misrepresented what I said.

My cousin Chadwick #CoffeeDeac told me two things when I was on the fence about joining up:

1. RJKarl is always right and was an English major.

2. This board is a great conduit to the gameworn undergarments of my dreams.

So here I am! Also, congratulations to Haas for being the best recruit to ever come to wake forest...if you are reading this please hit me with a retweet and send those undies I tweeted about!

#bzdelik4life

My cousin Chadwick #CoffeeDeac told me two things when I was on the fence about joining up:

1. RJKarl is always right and was an English major.

2. This board is a great conduit to the gameworn undergarments of my dreams.

So here I am! Also, congratulations to Haas for being the best recruit to ever come to wake forest...if you are reading this please hit me with a retweet and send those undies I tweeted about!

#bzdelik4life

Strong first post...outside of Betty White who says undergarments btw?

For someone who complains about folks being obsessed with him, RJ really has taken a liking to me... And unfortunately I can't claim credit for chai deac.

Is this a parody fail by Strick?

Please don't doubt me, sir! We are big fans here #RJKarlKrusaders

By the way, heard you were quite the baller in your day, as well. If you have any gameworn chucks, lightly sweated jockeys or a peachbasket, I'd love to discuss the possibility of a retweet and a FedEx with my name on it!

Good commit. Sounds like he's a bit raw so I hope our new head coach is able to bring in an established and skilled big man coach instead of needing to bring in culture cover in the form of inexperienced Wake legends.

Back