• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

It would be kinda weird for him to pop up all the way out in W-S. Other than WI, all of his other high interest places were out west.

Assuming that's who it is. Which we aren't sure about anyway.

Please please do not quote me on this, I am no where near certain, but I think it could have been Isaiah Buck-Lowman. Fits the height, weight, and what I remember of his face. Seems as if we are very, very interseted. With other schools as UVA and VT on his list would make sense that he would be swinging down this way w/ his Mom looking at different schools

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Isaiah-Buck-Lowman-134691

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaiah-buck-lowman

https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/347079875619852289

Is he a SG or SF? Hopefully he can play SG. We have less than no need for a SF.

It sounds like he's a SG. DeMatha is a helluva program and I'm curious why he would transfer schools, but it's definitely possible it was for reasons other than basketball/playing time etc.

Funny - thought he looked familiar. I think I've played pickup ball with that kid. Skinny as hell but he can shoot. I just assumed he was playing for some nearby DC college. Definitely had him pegged as a guard, didn't strike me as a legit 6'5".

Sounds like he's our guy, but to answer DC and others: Buzz seems like he'll fill schollies for the sake of filling them. His classes, without much hindsight required, have always sacrificed quality for the sake of quantity, both here and at Colorado.

I went ahead and updated our 2015 and 2016 targets on the front page. Let me know about any additions, subtractions, or offers if I missed anything:

2015 names associated with Wake:

PG - Tysheem McCaskie (UR: NO OFFER), Nigel Robinson (UR: NO OFFER), and Nick Rutherford (UR: NO OFFER).
SG - P.J. Dozier (4-star: NO OFFER), Tevin Mack (4-star: NO OFFER), Cameron Justice (3-star: NO OFFER), Chandler White (UR: NO OFFER)
SF - Brandon Ingram (4-star: OFFERED), Markis McDuffie (3-star: NO OFFER), Isaiah Buck-Lowman (UR: NO OFFER), and Bronson Kessinger (UR: NO OFFER)
PF - Noah Dickerson (4-star: OFFERED), Tyler Lydon (3-star: NO OFFER), Evan Boudreaux (3-star: NO OFFER), and Luke Maye (3-star: NO OFFER)
C -

2016 names associated with Wake:

PG - Junior Smith (5-star: NO OFFER), Curtis Jones (3-star: NO OFFER), and Aaron Augustin (UR: NO OFFER)
SG - Deshawn Corprew (4-star: OFFERED)
SF -
PF - Harry Giles (5-star: OFFERED) and De'Ron Davis (4-star: NO OFFER)
C -

Last edited:
Is he a SG or SF? Hopefully he can play SG. We have less than no need for a SF.

FWIW, I'd take it with a grain of salt. Most of these kids are ranked as SFs if they're over 6'4 until their junior years because they're so tall relative to their teammates (and are asked to play down a position). After that point, the positions are more accurate.

Last edited:
Back