• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

Being a Wake fan is a soul crushing character building Charlie Brown trying to kick the football experience. I got an education and a wife there, so there's that . . . But can the freaking basketball gods smile on us rather than dump on us just one time . . . Please!

Considering that he is rated pretty much the same as Shelton it makes ZERO sense for Wake to bail on him. Daniel Green is a great kid and had made a lot of improvements before his knee injury but who knows what he'll be like when (if) he comes back from a 2nd knee surgery. Andre is still a project and Cav is a stretch 4. We NEED legitimate rebounding help inside so Devin can play more minutes at the 4.

The silence from everyone around this kid makes me think it's grades. If the staff pulled a dick move then wouldn't someone surround him leak that out?

I think this is a very strong point.

They did smile upon us.

They gave us the most intelligent basketball mind there is, and let him "coach" us.

Don't be ridiculous.

My vote is that he's having second thoughts and taking time to work it out.

It isn't grades, and there is no way we pulled his scholarship. Not on signing day. This had to be his decision.

If the staff pulled a dick move then wouldn't someone surrounding him leak that out?

They may not want to burn bridges at Wake if Wake is still a possibility.

They may not want to hurt his chances at other options by being perceived as high maintenance family members.

They may just want to take the high road if he is in fact getting screwed over.

So, no, not necessarily.

That being said, I hope he reconsiders and signs. I was really looking forward to watching him play with Devin seeing time as a PF, which is his true position.

If he is having cold feet and considering other schools, the "keep your head up" comment still makes zero sense to me.

Maybe he found out that buzz was about to get an extension from pizza face. Then the Keep your head up makes much more sense.

WHITE SASQUATCH, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN US!!!??

If he is having cold feet and considering other schools, the "keep your head up" comment still makes zero sense to me.

Maybe he got bashed publicly on the board (he's slow etc.) and reconsidered? That is the only way I can make sense of the keep your head up comment.

Maybe he got bashed publicly on the board (he's slow etc.) and reconsidered? That is the only way I can make sense of the keep your head up comment.
Don't really remember a whole lot of people directly bashing him. I think most were very excited Buzz finally landed a legit center. Maybe people pointed out a few things he needs to improve upon but I don't remember people openly bashing him. Now Rondale Watson, that's a whole other story. Just Google his name and look at the first result.:thumbsup:

I don't think that the negativity of the fanbase has an impact one way or the other on Haas whatsoever.

Back