• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Oh wow, if you read those two posts together it reads as if Giles is def coming to Wake. I got a semi boner for a second then realized nothing good ever happens.

An update on 2015 PG recruit Bryant Crawford:

Gonzaga College High School has had an impressive recent history of producing point guards. Tyler Thornton was a consistent performer at Duke for four years, while Nate Britt started as a freshman at North Carolina.

Next up is Bryant Crawford, a 6-foot-2 prospect and one of the top 20 best point guards in the country.

“He's the ultimate pass-first point guard,” said Steve Turner, head coach at Gonzaga (D.C.). “He's a throwback to the point guards in the era I grew up in. Some of the guys now can score 30 points, but no one else gets a touch. He would rather have 15 assists than 30 points. But he's multi-dimensional, showing folks he can score the ball.”

On the EYBL circuit with Team Takeover, Crawford is averaging 11.8 points and 3.9 assists.

“He has the ability to see a couple plays ahead,” Turner said. “You keep running, he's going to make sure you get it. Bigs like playing with him. He's so unselfish, making the pass.”

Ranked No. 76 in the 247Sports Composite for the class of 2015, Crawford is being pursued by a long list of schools. The recruiting process hasn't become too serious for him yet, though, as he is just beginning to hit the visit circuit.

“He hasn't really been on a lot of campuses,” Turner said. “He hasn't been to all the places recruiting him. He wants to build stronger relationships, see where the head coaches stand, see where he fits in. Information he can have on paper.”

Crawford has previously taken trips to Georgetown and Indiana, and the Hoosiers are still in the mix despite assistant coach Kenny Johnson leaving for Louisville. Turner said that head coach Tom Crean has taken on the lead recruiter role with Crawford.

North Carolina State and Wake Forest have also offered Crawford, while Villanova hosted Crawford for a visit last week.

“He said he enjoyed it,” Turner said. “He got a whole different perspective. He didn't know campus was as big as it is. He's been there for madness and team camp and things like that, but never had opportunity to tour the school. Coach [Jay] Wright was able to paint a picture if he makes the decision to go there. He got along with the players.”

Crawford might visit Maryland this week, and a trip to Louisville on Wednesday is also scheduled. The four-star prospect is expected to make a decision before the high school season, according to Turner.

Over the next couple of months, Crawford will play in the NBPA Top 100 camp and Nike Peach Jam, while also gaining invites to the Kyrie Irving, LeBron James and Chris Paul camps, as well as USA Basketball.

Ummm?

Michael Crabtree ‏@KingCrab15
LODB @CRAB_2x Shout out to my baby bro!! Going to Wake Forest this year!! Time to ball..

Does this mean what I'm assuming it means?

Didn't Deman call it?

Ummm?

Michael Crabtree ‏@KingCrab15
LODB @CRAB_2x Shout out to my baby bro!! Going to Wake Forest this year!! Time to ball..

Does this mean what I'm assuming it means?

940x.jpg

Add some shooting to the 3 spot, which McClinton and Tree don't really give us. Not crazy about the scholarship but DM said he was adding a big and a wing this season and that's what he did.

Unless he has improved a ton from the "highlight" tape this is a pretty stupid sign.

Here's a name I'd like to see us involved with for 2016- Michael Cage, Jr. Yep that's his dad. Junior is 6'10 and plays for the legendary Gary McKnight at Mater Dei. We know Junior will be ready to play top comp. If he has his dad's motor, he's exactly what we need.

Does he have his gericurl?

I don't think scholarships will be a problem. A lot of competition being created and after this tryout year the guys not getting minutes will leave. There are certainly plenty of candidates.

Add some shooting to the 3 spot, which McClinton and Tree don't really give us. Not crazy about the scholarship but DM said he was adding a big and a wing this season and that's what he did.

meh. I'm done rationalizing bullshit moves by Wake Forest coaching staffs.

It would seem that we're back to the status quo.

I cannot wait until the stench of Buzz is completely off this program. Probably won't happen until post-Wellman and maybe Manning.

Back