• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Shelton Mitchell will not play for wake. He is hearing from Cal and Vandy pretty heavy
Cal and Vandy? Pfft. Things must really have not gone well with DM. I am surprised we haven't heard anything about Kansas...

Really would like to know what happened in the past week, that would make SM decommit, when he has been committed to the WF program for nearly two years. Surely he didn't fear these other recruits and if he did....good riddance.

Recruiting is a funny business. DM seems to prefer Mitchell Wilbekin who he recruited at Tulsa. He offers shooting as part of his shill set which we need, SM was close to Battle and didn't offer shooting as a strength. If MW commits then it was probably a good effort by DM.

Jake ‏@BloggerSoDear 14m
Looks like we may have ourselves a new PG with the name Mitchell. This time it's the first name though.

William Gunter ‏@WillGunter560 51m
2014 PG Mitchell Wilbekin (@Mwilbekin1) canceled his OV to UVA scheduled for today. Visited Wake Forest this wkend, decision coming soon.

Deacons Illustrated ‏@WakeRivals 55s
Gainesville (Fla.) Rock School point guard Mitchell Wilbekin has cancelled his other visits and will make decision soon. #Wake is his leader

Appears that he wasn't up for a challenge to his potential PT and chose to move on.

He's known for the entire time he was committed that there were two PGs two classes ahead of him. That's not it.

Really would like to know what happened in the past week, that would make SM decommit, when he has been committed to the WF program for nearly two years. Surely he didn't fear these other recruits and if he did....good riddance.

My guess is DM realized he was going to have two guards who can't shoot.

DM likes the guy he recruited more. That's the answer. Wilbekin will be a Deac. Cornish would be a big get as well. I'm excited to see what happens. Even though next year will be rough at times I can't wait for it to get underway.

CMM used to be hyped as the PG of the future.

Either way, why would he be so afraid of Mitchell Wilbekin?

I don't buy that Shelton was scared of Wilbekin either.

CMM was hyped as the guard of the future. I had two different analysts tell me his senior year in HS that he wasn't a PG. That's why I was always mad we got Madison instead of Tyler Lewis.

Do we have an information that Wilbekin and Cornish know each other/are considering coming together? Does getting one help or hurt our chances getting the other?

I don't buy that Shelton was scared of Wilbekin either.

CMM was hyped as the guard of the future. I had two different analysts tell me his senior year in HS that he wasn't a PG. That's why I was always mad we got Madison instead of Tyler Lewis.

I never bought that Lewis and CMM were an either/or. Neither as a good as hyped though.

Do we have an information that Wilbekin and Cornish know each other/are considering coming together? Does getting one help or hurt our chances getting the other?

Wilbekin is more of a point, while Cornish can play the 2 or the 3, so I don't think it would hurt our chances with Cornish if we got Wilbekin.

CMM used to be hyped as the PG of the future.

Either way, why would he be so afraid of Mitchell Wilbekin?

i wonder if it is somewhat related to what Baby said about how [Redacted] treated the players and from what it sounded like allowed the players to dictate to him what they wanted to do. in this case did [Redacted] promise shelton the point and a certain number of minutes? with DM now in charge and interested in recruiting one of his guys shelton realized that previous agreements were null and void

Back