• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Over his last seven games,the 6'9 , 225 Leonard averaged- 5.6ppg. 2.4 rpg, 20% on 3s and 36% on all FGs.

Those games were against powerhouses like VMI, Charleston Southern, Radfor and High Point.

Over his last seven games,the 6'9 , 225 Leonard averaged- 5.6ppg. 2.4 rpg, 20% on 3s and 36% on all FGs.

Those games were against powerhouses like VMI, Charleston Southern, Radfor and High Point.

You realize he would only be taking a scholarship that wouldn't otherwise be used, correct? So what is the harm? Even if he is just a practice player, it doesn't cause a problem to take him.

You realize he would only be taking a scholarship that wouldn't otherwise be used, correct? So what is the harm? Even if he is just a practice player, it doesn't cause a problem to take him.

If he will be a grad transfer do we have his program? I mean we don't have a Cymatics program, do we?

I do realize that. The question becomes "will Dre or Daniel contribute?"

If the answer is yes, is it better to give them minutes or a guy who fell apart against really bad competition?

You mean teams like [name redacted] scheduled?

I do realize that. The question becomes "will Dre or Daniel contribute?"

If the answer is yes, is it better to give them minutes or a guy who fell apart against really bad competition?

what an asinine line of reasoning

if they can contribute, they'll contribute, whether or not we sign another guy

just giving the guy a scholly doesn't mean we're guaranteeing him minutes

it's a no-lose situation, and you can't seem to grasp that

what an asinine line of reasoning

if they can contribute, they'll contribute, whether or not we sign another guy

just giving the guy a scholly doesn't mean we're guaranteeing him minutes

it's a no-lose situation, and you can't seem to grasp that

Stick to music. You sure don't understand basketball.

If they contribute, they get minutes. if we bring in a marginal player, he will take their minutes and hinder their progress.

If we bring in a guy who isn't that good, he doesn't help us this year or the following year as the others light.

If you understood how players grow, you'd understand it isn't a zero sum game.

Then there is the issue of chemistry. We aren't talking about a guy we know will be able to play. He isn't like Caron.

It isn't a no lose.

i do know basketball, i just don't have the same crystal ball on my desk that you apparently do to know half this shit

you're making a shitload of assumptions, whereas i'm making none

If we don't get Cornish, we should keep the scholarship for 2015.
And push it closer to the year of the big class? IMO that would be a mistake. We need to get schollies as far away from that year as possible.

And push it closer to the year of the big class? IMO that would be a mistake. We need to get schollies as far away from that year as possible.

That would be two scholarships for 2015. It's hardly what you are saying.

i do know basketball, i just don't have the same crystal ball on my desk that you apparently do to know half this shit

you're making a shitload of assumptions, whereas i'm making none

I've made zero assumptions. i asked a question. If the answer is Daniel and Dre will contribute, there are no minutes for someone of marginal talent versus much lower competition.

If we want Dre to be a contributor over the next two years, he needs to get minutes.

We need a big. Our interior D and rebounding is awful. Dre had 3.4 times as many blocks as Leonard in 27.8% of the minutes Leonard played. Leonard average one board every 5.3 minutes against bad comp. Dre averaged one rebound every 4.3 minutes versus better comp.

Leonard is a better scorer.....maybe...he fell off the Earth over the seven games.

It isn't a zero sum game.

So wait, we shouldn't recruit Leonard to take a scholarship that would otherwise sit vacant because he will either suck or be productive. Got it.

So wait, we shouldn't recruit Leonard to take a scholarship that would otherwise sit vacant because he will either suck or be productive. Got it.

Bro bro bro - Don't discount the possibility that Leonard sucks, but is still good enough to steal minutes from Andre Washington in 2014/2015, which in turn causes Andre Washington to suck in 2015/2016, which wouldn't have happened if Dre had been gifted more minutes in 14/15.

It isn't a zero sum game.

rj, I also feel like you're only considering the risk of taking a postgrad

you aren't considering the risk of not taking a postgrad

the former risks chemistry and player development productivity (neither argument i buy with decent coaching)

the latter risks the missed opportunity for productivity from the use of a free scholarship for one already down year; it is in effect suggesting you'd rather have nothing than something less than ideal

Back