• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Playing for/signing a LOI with WFU is bad for your knees, apparently. D. Green, GMac, Shelton Mitchell, Cam Stanley, Jamie Skeen come to mind.

How about Tony Rutland who got injured on a breakaway layup during a blow out (at the time) against Ga Tech in the ACC tourney? Without him, we held on to win by a point (if I recall) and then he tried to play with a brace during the NCAA's... One of those "could of should of" events in Wake Forest basketball lore...how deep could we have gone into the tourney?

Or Chill, although it was a pick up game...

(Of course, when it comes to late season injuries ruining NCAA chances, I think our dear friends in Chapel Hill have the corner on that market historically going back to Phil Ford at least...)

How about Tony Rutland who got injured on a breakaway layup during a blow out (at the time) against Ga Tech in the ACC tourney? Without him, we held on to win by a point (if I recall) and then he tried to play with a brace during the NCAA's... One of those "could of should of" events in Wake Forest basketball lore...how deep could we have gone into the tourney?

Just as far. We aren't beating that '96 Kentucky team even with a healthy Rutland.

Good point about the Heels. I have a friend who is a Carolina fan and every year he feels obliged to mention Ford, Marshall, and a bunch of other instances.

Or Chill, although it was a pick up game...

(Of course, when it comes to late season injuries ruining NCAA chances, I think our dear friends in Chapel Hill have the corner on that market historically going back to Phil Ford at least...)

Would hate to lose a SG to "Nebrasketball," of all places, but then again they have been faring better than us lately. And the "Cornish/Cornhusker" thing may just prove to be too much to overcome...

That's pretty corny anyway.

Brandon Childress is good. Needs to mature and develop his handle. Has a pure shot, like his dad...and a stone cold killah attitude. I could see him playing in the ACC.

Another former player's kid to watch is Cooper Larue. Very, very good. Plays for CP3. Has the size, the shot, ball skills... And he's just a freshman in HS.

The youngest Larue boy is pretty good, too. He's just in 8th grade and is already taller than his dad.

Why haven't we offered Tatum yet according to any site?

Is Wesleyan a boarding school? Can Tatum get a scholarship to go there?

Wesleyan is a Private Christian School in High Point. Wesleyan's head coach is Keith Gatlin (former Maryland player)

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Brandon Childress is good. Needs to mature and develop his handle. Has a pure shot, like his dad...and a stone cold killah attitude. I could see him playing in the ACC.
By which you mean, you could see him playing for Wake? Surely he wouldn't play for VT or somebody, against his dad. If Chill Jr is ACC-good, he's gotta be a Deac.

Still remember the shot he hit in the scrimmage a few years ago.

If he continues to work as hard as he is currently working and keeps improving at his current pace, he will be recruited by ACC schools. He's not very big (tall) so that could work against him, but he's just a soph in HS, that could change in a matter of months.

If Wake wants him, he will come here. He wants to play at WFU. I would expect his father will encourage him to go through the recruiting process and visit other schools, though.

Brandon is a 2* PG right now and is listed as 5'10 (I question that) and 170. Plays for Karolina Diamonds AAU. Hopefully he will have a good AAU season.

Making the move to Wesleyan is huge. I bet he moves up in rankings this year.

If he continues to work as hard as he is currently working and keeps improving at his current pace, he will be recruited by ACC schools. He's not very big (tall) so that could work against him, but he's just a soph in HS, that could change in a matter of months.

If Wake wants him, he will come here. He wants to play at WFU. I would expect his father will encourage him to go through the recruiting process and visit other schools, though.

Because his father works for WFU, would we even need to put him on an athletic scholarship?

No Chill could get a raise that would cover Brandoln's tuition, room & board. Wouldn't he only have to pay 10% or so?

We have had this discussion before. He could get the preferred walk on spot, not take up a scholly, and still get reduced tuition from his dad's staff position.

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go somewhere else other than the place where his dad is a legend. But would def LOVE to have him in a preferred walk-on spot

It's possible that he would want a scholarship if he is good enough for one. Would be something that he "earned" himself. Similar situation to Deion Sanders' kid.

But I don't know Brandon personally, so I can't speak for how much something like that would mean to him.

Back