• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Update on this: I read this morning that UConn is the first national champion in the Kenpom era (last 12 seasons) that hasn't been a great offensive rebounding team (at least 35%). 2014 UConn is only 30.4%.

The vast majority of good college basketball teams still offensive rebound well but perhaps it is shifting a bit where different styles are working as FYC suggested.

Somewhat related: am I crazy or is UConn also the first team since Maryland (2002) to win a natty without a single McDonald's All-American? I quickly scanned this list and didn't see anyone from UConn's current roster.

Last edited:
Rodney Purvis is on the listed roster even though he wasn't eligible to play this year. I don't see any others.

I wish we would just lay off Daniel Green and let him get some more games under his belt. As you recall, he was super skinny and actually lost weight when he stepped on campus three or so years ago and he was serviceable on a bad team. He showed some potential to be a rotation guy. Injuries happen and I know his was used as an excuse by our former NBA scout of a coach, but that's not the kid's doing.

For what it is worth, Danny Manning had to put up with the same shit as an NBA player. He was sort of goofed on and chastised because he kept blowing out his knee. The Clipper curse, etc... It was if it was his fault and because he was such an elite Tim Duncan like college player, the fact that he was only a very good to great 6th man type player was thrown in his face as if he were an underachieving oaf.

It's a bullshit circle jerk. The kid has a schollie. We need guys who can score in the paint and rebound, and maybe he'll be one of those guys. He'll either disappoint or surprise or meet expectations and when that happens, we can comment on it, but the butt of the joke shit is old, like the right kind of socks old, like Haas old. And there's no value to it.

I agree the jokes are beyond worn out at this point and need to just go away.

Green might turn into a good ACC big man. But frankly, I think it's more likely he blows out his knee a third time.

Bone, like Ranger said, it's more likely that Daniel hurts his knee again than he contributes a lot. This isn't about Daniel's talent. It's about having the same knee operated on in consecutive seasons. It would be natural for him to try too hard. That would be terrible for him. It's likely he'll get hurt again. It's a shame but realistic.

Bone, like Ranger said, it's more likely that Daniel hurts his knee again than he contributes a lot. This isn't about Daniel's talent. It's about having the same knee operated on in consecutive seasons. It would be natural for him to try too hard. That would be terrible for him. It's likely he'll get hurt again. It's a shame but realistic.

wonder if danny manning has any experience with multiple surgeries and coming back....

He does, but his weren't back-to-back at such a young age.

He does, but his weren't back-to-back at such a young age.

haha true they aren't the same exact person

it's at least good from a mentoring situation

i agree with your notion that it's more likely green will get hurt than meaningfully contribute, but from a coach>player standpoint, it seems like a great opportunity for daniel to talk to someone who's been there

I wish we would just lay off Daniel Green and let him get some more games under his belt. As you recall, he was super skinny and actually lost weight when he stepped on campus three or so years ago and he was serviceable on a bad team. He showed some potential to be a rotation guy. Injuries happen and I know his was used as an excuse by our former NBA scout of a coach, but that's not the kid's doing.

For what it is worth, Danny Manning had to put up with the same shit as an NBA player. He was sort of goofed on and chastised because he kept blowing out his knee. The Clipper curse, etc... It was if it was his fault and because he was such an elite Tim Duncan like college player, the fact that he was only a very good to great 6th man type player was thrown in his face as if he were an underachieving oaf.

It's a bullshit circle jerk. The kid has a schollie. We need guys who can score in the paint and rebound, and maybe he'll be one of those guys. He'll either disappoint or surprise or meet expectations and when that happens, we can comment on it, but the butt of the joke shit is old, like the right kind of socks old, like Haas old. And there's no value to it.

I read those posts to be making fun of the cheerleaders who have everyone we sign in the NBA before they put on a uniform.

I don't get the expectation that he'll hurt it again. I'll wait to see him play. I remember watching that big Boston College center that wasn't half bad but had knee injuries and back trouble. He looked 40 years old moving when we played him this year and the year before. He was dominant for like 5 minutes then tweaked something and was done. You could see that coming, but I'll wait and see Green move before I declare him an injury waiting to happen.

As you know I blew out both my knees, one at 20 and one at 30 and I have put a lot of miles on both playing my beloved ultimate frisbee without any further injury ... until last year when they shot me and put me out to pasture to eat pussy and organic veggies and meat and drink beer 2x a week and ride a bike up to the mountains twice a month hopefully. Maybe play tennis when I'm old and have time. I'm not giving up on Green because he's injury prone. I have zero expectations actually.

You are missing the really key point. He did it in consecutive years. That's a huge difference.

Daniel Green has to be the most discussed scrub big man we've ever had.

You are missing the really key point. He did it in consecutive years. That's a huge difference.

Like I said, we'll see. Kevin Love broke his wrist twice in what? Three months? And now he's fine. Yes, yes, knees blah blah blah. We'll see. Tell Daniel the keys are doing a variety of muscle and tendon exercises to strengthen the surrounding areas that can help support the knee. And oh, eating pussy. What a tonic.

Like I said, we'll see. Kevin Love broke his wrist twice in what? Three months? And now he's fine. Yes, yes, knees blah blah blah. We'll see. Tell Daniel the keys are doing a variety of muscle and tendon exercises to strengthen the surrounding areas that can help support the knee. And oh, eating pussy. What a tonic.

Saved for posterity. Kevin Love and Daniel Green in the same paragraph.

Saved for posterity. Kevin Love and Daniel Green in the same paragraph.

Come on, PH. You only choose to be a douchebag, you don't HAVE to be one. As I said in the one post above, I have zero expectations from the kid. Zero. I'm bringing up a recurring injury that's all. Choose a different online persona today, buddy.

Back