• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Looks like there were two prospects in that article. The author did a nice job.

Looks like there were two prospects in that article. The author did a nice job.

Yeah, he told me he was pretty sure he was coming to Wake and if he does he'll be doing a lot of basketball recruiting knowledge to BSD. I think he'll be a valuable member to BSD and to Wake fans who are interested in what the recruits have to say.

It was mainly that Manning didn't mention the NBA, recruiting great basketball players, or helping our own players achieve their goals, that bothered me. From my perspective, he was insinuating that he was going to avoid recruits with NBA aspirations. Whether he was being forthright or not, I really didn't like his answer. The fact that we're still at least giving lip service to Harry Giles does prove that Wake isn't above recruiting 1 and dones.

I would not be surprised at all if Harry's class is two and done. Silver is 1000% behind making that change. He's going to do everything he can over the next 12-18 months to make it that way.

It was mainly that Manning didn't mention the NBA, recruiting great basketball players, or helping our own players achieve their goals, that bothered me. From my perspective, he was insinuating that he was going to avoid recruits with NBA aspirations. Whether he was being forthright or not, I really didn't like his answer. The fact that we're still at least giving lip service to Harry Giles does prove that Wake isn't above recruiting 1 and dones.

I think you are overanalyzing what Danny said in front of his boss, the school president and a bunch of old boosters. The proof one way or another will be in the pudding. Getting involved with Harry and the 4* 7 footer is a good start.

NMHbasketball ‏@NMHbasketball
Josh Sharma ‘15 spoke to coaches from #Duke, #Wisconsin #WakeForest & NCAA champ #UCONN today.

Josh Sharma ‘15 spoke to coaches from #Duke, #Wisconsin #WakeForest & NCAA champ #UCONN today.

nice to see us in the mix with these schools again over competing with community colleges for recruits

I would not be surprised at all if Harry's class is two and done. Silver is 1000% behind making that change. He's going to do everything he can over the next 12-18 months to make it that way.

He also said he wants to subsidize the NCAA in some way referencing Napier's hungry comments. Change may be coming but I don't think it will be as simple or as QUICK as Silver laying down a two year threshold. They should just adopt the MLB's approach if your good enough out of high school you go if not you stay for 3 years.

From what I've read the earliest changes can be made to the one and done is 2017.

The NBAPA could agree to reopening that part of contract at any time. to get it, the league could change something they players want.

The NBAPA could agree to reopening that part of contract at any time. to get it, the league could change something they players want.

Seeing as the NBA players are in complete disarray right now they don't even have another party to negotiate with. I wonder what CP3's position on this would be.

I think you are overanalyzing what Danny said in front of his boss, the school president and a bunch of old boosters. The proof one way or another will be in the pudding. Getting involved with Harry and the 4* 7 footer is a good start.

Agreed. I've heard him complaining about this in another thread. I think you are over analyzing the shit out of it.

I have a good gut-feeling about Sharma. Looking forward to seeing Manning work some magic.

Is the young Childress a good prospect? I've seen some good things about him, but not sure where he'll be ranked. Also, do we think he's going to highly consider us, even if the big boys become involved?

Is the young Childress a good prospect? I've seen some good things about him, but not sure where he'll be ranked. Also, do we think he's going to highly consider us, even if the big boys become involved?

From a March 14, 2014 article:

WINSTON-SALEM, NC-- For many kids, getting a full ride to play college hoops is the ultimate dream.

That includes 16-year-old Brandon Childress. He plays for East Forsyth High School but his commitment goes far beyond the average student athlete. He's already being recruited by Davidson College and Loyola Marymount University in California but he has his eye on something specific.

Brandon wants to play in the ACC and then professionally overseas or in the NBA, following in the footsteps of his father, Randolph Childress.

Brandon spends about 16 hours a week on basketball, from early mornings with Kenneth Bates to lifting and strengthening on weekends.

"To be a real basketball player, it's a lifestyle. It's not a set amount of time, it's something that you live," said Bates, CEO of LAABWORK, an elite basketball group.

Bates added, "The main reason parents bring their kids to me is because they see potential in their kids. They see their kids have potential to one day achieve a college basketball scholarship."

Brandon's parents are also committed to helping him fulfill his dreams.

"You always want what's best for your child so you make the investment now so later on in college hopefully, a scholarship will come through so it pays off, said Jen-Ai Childress, Brandon's mom.

Jen-Ai Childress added, "From the time he was 9 to probably about 15, AAU wise, we probably pay about 45 to 50 thousand dollars just traveling."

Kenneth Bates trains kids as young as five-years-old to forty-year-olds that play overseas. His pricing depends on the individual. Just this year, 17 of his kids received college basketball scholarships.

Another one of Kenneth's trainees is Harry Giles. At 15, Harry is the number one high school player in the country being recruited by Duke, Kentucky, and UNC.

Thanks. I would have no problem bringing him aboard if he's a high mid-major guy. It's good to take care of your own.

Does he know/have a relationship with Giles outside of having the same trainer?

Am I crazy or did I read somewhere that Tulsa had been recruiting Mini Childress?

Back