• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I don't know if its been mentioned, but Rice's starting Center, Sean Obi(6'9" 265 lbs), is transferring. He's visiting Duke this weekend. His remaining list is Stanford, Vanderbilt, Harvard and Northwestern. Judging from the schools he's interested in I'm curious to know if we've reached out to him?

I don't know if its been mentioned, but Rice's starting Center, Sean Obi(6'9" 265 lbs), is transferring. He's visiting Duke this weekend. His remaining list is Stanford, Vanderbilt, Harvard and Northwestern. Judging from the schools he's interested in I'm curious to know if we've reached out to him?

I doubt it with Helm holding that position down.

Damn it Josh Harris...

Joshua Harris ‏@JoshHarris25 4m
Saw Michael Crabtree's lil brother last night. Told me he was going to wake forest for basketball. We had a nice talk

Damn it Josh Harris...

Saw Michael Crabtree's lil brother last night. Told me he was going to wake forest for basketball. We had a nice talk

Looks like his intramural team is gonna be pretty good!

Damn it Josh Harris...

I have to assume it is a walk-on situation or the guy is simply lying to people about getting a scholarship. Sadly, Josh is not regularly a bastion of truthfulness in his tweets, so two guys with a history of bending the truth on Twitter makes for a strange situation.

No way Manning would allow two lower ranked SGs to get scholarships when scholarship spots are currently at a premium here.

Last edited:
VT has just received verbals from Ahmed Hill ( 2014 4 star SG ) and Satchel Pierce (2.7 star 2014 Center). Both were previously Marquette signees. Pierce is apparently thrilled with the idea of becoming the best big man in VT history (a relatively low bar, IMHO). Hill makes the third top 20 SG for Tech in this class (assuming the other 2 remain committed). Looks like "bombs away" in B-burg next year.

Looks like BChill will be joining Giles at Wesleyan next year.

This is interesting. Wesleyan Coach Keith Gatlin was asked what he was going to do next year after he loses 7 seniors, and he just smiled and said "don't worry about it." Looks like the first name is out. I expect at least one more good prospect to transfer in. Hope we can establish a pipeline from Wesleyan to Wake with the Childress connection. Randolph should see a whole lot of Harry Giles over the next few years, and vice versa.

I going to assume that Hudson is just a really naive kid who has no idea how the recruiting game works. I put the odds he is in a wake uniform next year at less than one percent.

DM would not be offering 5 and 4 star SGs all over the place if Hudson was coming here.

Unless there are a few transfers on the horizon. Wouldn't mind Hudson if we didn't have Overton and/or Rondale. With them it makes 0 sense obviously.

VT has just received verbals from Ahmed Hill ( 2014 4 star SG ) and Satchel Pierce (2.7 star 2014 Center). Both were previously Marquette signees. Pierce is apparently thrilled with the idea of becoming the best big man in VT history (a relatively low bar, IMHO). Hill makes the third top 20 SG for Tech in this class (assuming the other 2 remain committed). Looks like "bombs away" in B-burg next year.

How can this be? I thought it was proclaimed that VT can never be any good in basketball....

Moonz, he posted a thread later on where he welcomed Rondale and said it wasn't his fault for accepting a scholarship (with the insinuation still being that he didn't deserve the scholarship), so that made up for the thread that you linked, or something.

Of course you wouldn't tell the whole story, though.

So would you say it's a story...almost told?

Moonz, he posted a thread later on where he welcomed Rondale and said it wasn't his fault for accepting a scholarship (with the insinuation still being that he didn't deserve the scholarship), so that made up for the thread that you linked, or something.

Of course you wouldn't tell the whole story, though.

How often do you and RJ exchange PMs?

Back