• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

So you're basing your opinion of Shelton and his potential in the future off of one game in which he was clearly not 100% yet. That's pretty short-sighted. Next season is more than 6 months away.

That's fair - but Shelton was also supposed to be back on the court a while ago. He's had setbacks and so to finally take the court and still look hurt is cause for concern. Especially because he wasn't that quick to begin with.

That's fair - but Shelton was also supposed to be back on the court a while ago. He's had setbacks and so to finally take the court and still look hurt is cause for concern. Especially because he wasn't that quick to begin with.
That's fair, and I'm not a doctor nor do I know much about Shelton's injury beyond the simple "meniscus tear" line, but I'd commit a scholarship to a Top 100 player with a questionable injury history over players like Rondale Watson, Madison Jones, and Miles Overton any day of the week.

Not even close. It wasn't until his Junior year that he was really cut up.

I am remote so I can't look it up, but last time this came up I posted several of his recruiting photos that show that even as a senior in high school he was pretty slimmed down.

Do you think Manning's offer to his old Tulsa target Wilbekin shook Shelton's confidence?

How long before we expect a decision from these 2014 guys?

I believe not retaining Battle was a big mistake. These other assistants need to step their recruiting game up big time.

25_EricWilliamsWake.JPG

Freshman Year:

wake-williams2-123002.jpg

Sophomore Year:

a-williams031204.jpg

Junior Year:

sptswake_t440.jpg

The dude obviously started losing weight in HS but was still kind of fat when he got to Wake. All I was saying was that by his junior year, he was shredded.

We are going up against OK and UVA for Wilbekin. We are going up against SMU (Larry Brown) and UCLA for Cornish. It's nice to be actually be competing with real schools for players again.

I hope we get them, but at least we are in the game again. Sometimes you have to walk before you can run. We are walking and stretching. Hopefully, we'll start running.

One of the coaches for QEA says that they played against both Sheldon and Wilbekin. He feels as though Wilbekin and Cornish are better guards than Sheldon. He also stated that he felt Danny Manning didn't really like Sheldon as an ACC guard. (Dont shoot the messenger, just was stating what was told to me). I really hope we can get Wilbekin this weekend, and Cornish would be icing on the cake!

Wilbekin feels like a [Redacted] type recruit.

Yeah, I mentioned it last night, but he's rated lower than guys like Madison Jones and Chase Fischer were. His ratings more accurately line up with Anthony Fields than any of those guys. Wilbekin is rated as a fringe 3* across the services (2* on ESPN, NR on 247), and is ranked in the 60s at his position (Fields was ranked in the 50s as a PG in his class). He's definitely a diamond in the rough type who I can only assume is getting this much attention because of his last name.

I think we can generally say that, if Manning is going to start bringing his Tulsa players and recruits to Wake Forest, he's doing it wrong.

Back