• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

I know we are notoriously impatient on these here rjkarl boards, but it took until Scottie's junior year before he was a playmaker. Hopefully Mitchell is more disciplined than big bro too.

Alright just watched the first 2 minutes of that film and Watsons shot is all kind of jacked up. I doubt he can fix his shoulder position release but he will have to fix his footwork/base or he is going to be terribly inconsistent. I can see why his percentage is low.

Trickytrefo was right but maybe a little kind. Watson is going to have to square his shot up or he will be completely unreliable as a shooter. It will be interesting to see what manning can do with him.

I really liked watsons instincts in the lane though. Seems to have a good feel for finishing. He should be running drills all summer on squaring up. He would see immediate results.

This. There is no way in heck Watson is going to be a top tier shooter in the ACC with those mechanics. We need a spot up shooter and if he's that all over the place on just about every attempt, I worry that he's never going to see the floor. That competition is awful and dude's highlights leave a ton to be desired. I'll feel better if he is an ace defender and slasher against division 1-caliber competition. Nothing on the tape suggests as much, IMO.

I feel good about Wilbiken and I'm trying to stay positive overall, but I still cannot see how Rondale Watson is going to be ready to compete at an ACC level next year. Something tells me we are going to see a lot more of Miles next year than anybody wants to see at this point.

Retweeted by Mitchell Wilbekin
Thomas Smith ‏@TommyTwoBarrels 5m
@Mwilbekin1 Childress, Paul, Gray, Smith, Bogues, Brown, Rudd, Johnson, Young - put your name here Mitch! Wake Forest wants you!

I mean this is definitely happening.
Teague ?

Rondale isn't a spot up shooter. He obviously is more of a scorer . He is raw and needs work on his shot but he is athletic and has a knack for scoring . That's why I compared him to Rudd. Delaney developed a nice outside shot during his career but he was not a pure shooter by any means. He was a clutch shooter and a great competitor. If Watson comes to WFU he has potential to develop . I agree that he probably won't make much of an impact as a freshman. If we get Cornish, I wonder if he will play for us .

This. There is no way in heck Watson is going to be a top tier shooter in the ACC with those mechanics. We need a spot up shooter and if he's that all over the place on just about every attempt, I worry that he's never going to see the floor. That competition is awful and dude's highlights leave a ton to be desired. I'll feel better if he is an ace defender and slasher against division 1-caliber competition. Nothing on the tape suggests as much, IMO.

I feel good about Wilbiken and I'm trying to stay positive overall, but I still cannot see how Rondale Watson is going to be ready to compete at an ACC level next year. Something tells me we are going to see a lot more of Miles next year than anybody wants to see at this point.

Yep. That was the best 15 minutes of his senior year and it was meh. A highlight package like that doesn't show a player's potential. It shows the best they can do.

But unfortunately it's better than any 15 minutes some of our other guards could compile from their careers. It's going to be really interesting to see how the minutes shake out between all of the meh guards.

But unfortunately it's better than any 15 minutes some of our other guards could compile from their careers. It's going to be really interesting to see how the minutes shake out between all of the meh guards.

Enough to convince those who can't hack it to transfer and enough to give those with potential to contribute enough confidence going forward.

Rondale isn't a spot up shooter. He obviously is more of a scorer . He is raw and needs work on his shot but he is athletic and has a knack for scoring . That's why I compared him to Rudd. Delaney developed a nice outside shot during his career but he was not a pure shooter by any means. He was a clutch shooter and a great competitor. If Watson comes to WFU he has potential to develop . I agree that he probably won't make much of an impact as a freshman. If we get Cornish, I wonder if he will play for us .

He has no business playing in the ACC. Can't blame him for accepting the scholly, but he is the quintessential [Redacted] recruit.

5-star center Doral Moore listed Ohio State, Illinois, Kentucky, Wake Forest, Indiana, and Texas as the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Free write-up just posted to Scout on Shelton, sounds like Wake completely out of the picture:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1400197.html

Mitchell's change of heart creates opportunity

Of the senior signees who have obtained releases from their letters of intent, many have been under-the-radar recruits or otherwise less heralded than the national upper crust.

But when Shelton Mitchell recently obtained his release from Wake Forest in the aftermath of Jeff [name redacted]'s resignation, the country's No. 75 senior suddenly became open.

Rare is the top 100 senior who remains available in May, and the fact that Mitchell is a point guard bestows him with even greater value.

Almost immediately, a trio of schools have emerged as the frontrunning group. In an interview with ShowMeMizzou.com, Mitchell said he'll visit Missouri officially on May 18 and then make officials to California and Vanderbilt as well.

Given the tumult suddenly invading Mitchell's recruitment and the late date, it's hardly a coincidence that two of his three most ardent suitors feature brand new head coaches.

He finds himself in precarious situation. Mitchell committed to the Demon Deacons long ago, before his recruitment truly could blossom. For that reason, then, he barely has relationships with any other college coaching staffs. When the fit with Wake failed to materialize upon Danny Manning's arrival, he faced the specter of starting from scratch at a time when nearly all of his high-majors peers have cemented their collegiate destinations.

Fortunately for Mitchell, a player with his talent for commanding a team can rest easy knowing that he'll be no afterthought wherever he lands. All three of his pursuers would be happy to land the country's No. 75 senior in any class, irrespective of the present timing and circumstances.

I agree. If Rondale would have gone up against NC high school players with the same numbers then it would give me more hope.

Back