• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

He is 100% reading it right - points are in the far right column. Will be a decent big guy to bring off the bench when we have no other options, but let's not get too excited.

Wed 2/12

vs
PRESBYTERIAN

W 77-66 29 3-10 .300 0-4 .000 0-1 .000 3 1 0 0 2 0 6
Sat 2/15

vs
LONGWOOD

L 76-53 30 2-7 .286 1-4 .250 0-2 .000 4 1 0 0 2 0 5
Wed 2/19

@
VMI

L 84-81 19 3-7 .429 1-3 .333 0-0 .000 3 1 0 1 1 1 7
Sat 2/22

vs
LIBERTY

L 79-59 22 2-6 .333 0-1 .000 0-0 .000 1 0 0 1 1 1 4
Wed 2/26

@
RADFORD

L 82-78 19 2-3 .667 1-2 .500 0-0 .000 1 1 0 0 3 0 5
Fri 2/28

@
HIGH POINT

L 56-53 18 1-3 .333 0-1 .000 2-2 1.000 3 1 0 0 2 0 4
Wed 3/5

vs
CHARL SOUTHERN

L 81-71 12 0-0 .000 0-0 .000 2-2 1.000 2 0 0 0 4 0 2

From welcoming in a class of two five stars and a four star to getting excited about getting a transfer off the bench from Campbell. Well, at least we're back on te upward trajectory now.

I didn't see this posted anywhere..Charles Mitchell is transferring from Maryland.

From welcoming in a class of two five stars and a four star to getting excited about getting a transfer off the bench from Campbell. Well, at least we're back on te upward trajectory now.

sadly, the Campbell transfer could easily have a more productive season for WF next year than Woods/Walker ever did

Last edited:
Granted we don't get to see a lot of tape on high school prospects, but from the limited view I have of both Mitchells we may have gotten the better player. Shelton has a huge hitch in his shot, that won't be easy to fix. Both are quick, Shelton has better size, but isn't like 6'3" is going to give him a huge advantage over a 6'0" Wilbekin. We will see, but I feel pretty comfortable with the trade.

Shelton is the better player and a true 1. Sure it def helps we got Wilbekin.

Shelton is a better player? Better at what ? Not shooting that's not even close He may be a better pure PG

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - Wake signs post-grad PF/C Darius Leonard!!

Shelton has tremendous court vision and while he's not a good jump shooter he finishes well in the lane. His defense does need work.

Hopefully MW can improve and become a good shooter for us.

Last edited:
Don't you mean either MW for Mitchell Wilbekin or RW for Rondale Watson?

Here's to hoping that Shelton sucks at Vanderbilt and that the other Mitchell is an upgrade. There has literally been zero positive press on him since he committed to Wake and then was subsequently kicked off of his Cuthbertson high school team and forced to transfer. I don't see either player ever playing in the NBA. Will be interesting to revisit in a few years.

Here's to hoping that Shelton sucks at Vanderbilt and that the other Mitchell is an upgrade. There has literally been zero positive press on him since he committed to Wake and then was subsequently kicked off of his Cuthbertson high school team and forced to transfer. I don't see either player ever playing in the NBA. Will be interesting to revisit in a few years.

Can't tell if trolling or serious

Actually yes. Walker was never a productive player. Woods was almost a productive player before he kicked his girlfriend. 5th year could easily surpass anything walker ever did and it wouldn't take a whole lot more to surpass woods.

I am not saying that to put high expectations on the kid it is just a pretty definite reality that woods and walker were very unproductive wake forest players during their time here.

Unless there's a 6-10 or 7 foot low post man with size and hands available next year that Wake otherwise would get with this schollie, Leonard has to be a good get for one year if he can shoot the three as well. All of you here who appear to keep up with what kids are available have consistently been saying for six months that next year's class is a thin one for low post players, so what are the negatives here with Leonard? I'm not seeing any.

Unless there's a 6-10 or 7 foot low post man with size and hands available next year that Wake otherwise would get with this schollie, Leonard has to be a good get for one year if he can shoot the three as well. All of you here who appear to keep up with what kids are available have consistently been saying for six months that next year's class is a thin one for low post players, so what are the negatives here with Leonard? I'm not seeing any.

If that ear flames up again.

Actually yes. Walker was never a productive player. Woods was almost a productive player before he kicked his girlfriend. 5th year could easily surpass anything walker ever did and it wouldn't take a whole lot more to surpass woods.

I am not saying that to put high expectations on the kid it is just a pretty definite reality that woods and walker were very unproductive wake forest players during their time here.

Woods averaged 5 and 3 as a sophomore. If you think Leonard will beat that, ok.

He's not a low post player on offense or defense. He had 12 blocks in over 30 games. Over his last ten games versus incredibly weak competition at 6'9, 225 he had as many as 5 boards exactly one time.

Hopefully Manning will coach him up to get some boards, but playing in the post has never been something he's done. He's a SF in a 6'9 body.

But we do need a body if Dre leaves.

Back