• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Those that follow recruiting more, who would be the more reliable evaluator of talent (for instance Scout used to do ok with Telep and Daniels - better than Rivals). I am not sure who to take seriously anymore.

Those that follow recruiting more, who would be the more reliable evaluator of talent (for instance Scout used to do ok with Telep and Daniels - better than Rivals). I am not sure who to take seriously anymore.

Everybody has a different take, but right now I would say that Scout and Rivals probably have the best evaluations in the game. Daniels still runs Scout, FWIW, and even if they're not as expedient as the likes of 247, I still think their evals are really good (and they don't tend to go back and change them).

VerbalCommits is the gold standard, IMO, when it comes to offers.

I still take RSCIs (these are the only two I know of, but there could be more) as the standard when it comes to final class rankings.

ESPN has reliable information on top prospects and from elite events, but they cut a lot of their staff last year and the overall product is lacking. I really don't like 24/7 for the reasons stated above, but I read their analysts' tweets because their guys have some good stuff to say about the southeast.

I generally use Verbal Commits and 247 for info but their experts are hit or miss. The head analyst for 247 is a good analyst but seems to go with the flavor of the month for recruiting predictions (predict Duke wherever possible...). Local insiders/reporters/twitter seem to be the best place for seeing where a recruit is leaning.

I like the current momentum of Manning and his staff. He had to first stop the negative momentum, and now he is looking to turn us around. We need one really good (doesn't have to be a top 5) class that Manning can work with and prove that not only can he coach, but that he can win. He isn't going to win with our current players. They just aren't good enough IMO. But if he can convince a couple of these guys that we are close with to sign, I really think Manning could turn this thing around.

kwe parker's highlight video just made the air on jim rome.

Zags says he doesn't have a Kentucky offer. I am starting to get the first glimmers of optimism about recruiting.

Several other places reported that he does. Basically UK is leading him on while they work on their top guys (IMO).

Things are looking up. Time to close the deal on a couple in the next month or two.

Danny has an in-home with Tevin Mack next week
Tevin Mack is visiting three of his final five schools but does not have anything set up for Wake (or USC). Hopefully he can find a time to visit and it works out as a good weekend. It needs to be sometime soon as he plans to sign with a school in November. He's visiting a different school on the 20th, so that weekend with the other recruits is out.

He claims no clear favorites but (in spite of 247's herd mentality) it is probably UGA. However, this is before both official visits and in-home visits, which have a lot of sway with parents and recruits.

Last edited:
Now, that's some good news.

Verbal Commits still lists a UK offer and I tend to believe them, but I would agree with TITSWF that it's likely conditional based on what their top targets do.
Zagoria fixed the article. Moore does have a UK offer but who knows if it is "commitable."

Nice to see these types of quotes:

From Crawford Article
Wake coach Danny Manning is another coach Crawford likes and he will trip there this coming weekend.

“I feel like I would fit in well with their program also and Danny Manning, I like his coaching style,” he said.

From Moore Article
“He likes [Wake Forest coach] Danny Manning a lot and obviously as a player,” Montverde coach Kevin Boyle told SNY.tv. “He’s a big guy who can help him a lot.”

Nice to see these types of quotes:

From Crawford Article
Wake coach Danny Manning is another coach Crawford likes and he will trip there this coming weekend.

“I feel like I would fit in well with their program also and Danny Manning, I like his coaching style,” he said.

From Moore Article
“He likes [Wake Forest coach] Danny Manning a lot and obviously as a player,” Montverde coach Kevin Boyle told SNY.tv. “He’s a big guy who can help him a lot.”

Really good stuff. thanks again for posting all of this

Back