• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

The scholarship/transfer situation will work itself out. It always does.

While I understand this is a message board where we discuss such things, it is difficult to predict who will stay and who will decide to move on.

The scholarship/transfer situation will work itself out. It always does.

While I understand this is a message board where we discuss such things, it is difficult to predict who will stay and who will decide to move on.

This. A coach in Danny Manning's position cannot afford to be loyal to the players he has commitments from or who are currently on the roster. He has to be on the constant lookout to upgrade the roster. If he can get a player who upgrades the roster, he should do it 100% of the time.

Go Deacs...time to start bringing in the '17 class

Forgot about Ari, but he was a bust, Terrell I think would have been ok. My point was a 4 star power forward in example, 2010 and another 4 star power forward in 2011.

ari had a solid freshman year. with a coach not as terrible as [Redacted] he might have had the leadership to turn into something. thanks to wellman and [Redacted] his 10 cent head ruined his career.

The pictures of them got old long ago. Enough already .

says the one trick pony.

I really believe that if Dino was on buzz's team as lead recruiter buzz would have gotten some shit done

Buzz couldn't recruit Palma to date a Brazilian supermodel

Does anyone believe that that was nothing but revengeful spite?

Buzz is such a fucking loser that he signed some nobody and made him believe

Vindictive cock sucker

I still think he could coach a stacked team

[Redacted] is indeed a pos. however, it's amazing you think he could coach a stacked team. the only possible example is at air force where he inherited an experienced team of kids that are predisposed to following orders and asked them to play the exact system they had already learned how. [Redacted] is a terrible teacher. even with a stacked team that guarantees nothing (we have seen that several times over the years up close and personal).

also i still don't understand "cock sucker" as an insult. that's really a nice thing to give someone. they should all receive a standing "o"-vation.

In theory you should always be thinking about over-recruiting the guys that just signed. Especially if you are rebuilding.

regarding transfers and recruiting over kids. manning, like most coaches, won't push a kid out unless there is a clear upgrade. e.g. the kid is an idiot, trouble maker, or clearly inferior talent wise. most of the current kids on the roster will be "safe" unless there is a clear jump in the quality of recruits ready to commit. to be clear there will be some tranfers over the next few years whether manning pushes some out or not.

ari had a solid freshman year. with a coach not as terrible as [Redacted] he might have had the leadership to turn into something. thanks to wellman and [Redacted] his 10 cent head ruined his career.

says the one trick pony.

[Redacted] is indeed a pos. however, it's amazing you think he could coach a stacked team. the only possible example is at air force where he inherited an experienced team of kids that are predisposed to following orders and asked them to play the exact system they had already learned how. [Redacted] is a terrible teacher. even with a stacked team that guarantees nothing (we have seen that several times over the years up close and personal).

also i still don't understand "cock sucker" as an insult. that's really a nice thing to give someone. they should all receive a standing "o"-vation.

regarding transfers and recruiting over kids. manning, like most coaches, won't push a kid out unless there is a clear upgrade. e.g. the kid is an idiot, trouble maker, or clearly inferior talent wise. most of the current kids on the roster will be "safe" unless there is a clear jump in the quality of recruits ready to commit. to be clear there will be some tranfers over the next few years whether manning pushes some out or not.

#Vibes?

Scoops, Vibes and Feels are the 3 things he gave us, and the greatest is vibes....

All kidding aside, anybody have a clue why Bam hasn't gone ahead and committed to the Pack. He's been a "lock" for months now. Calipari making a strong push?

bambam.jpg

Congrats to all of us and Danny Manning on 1,000 pages of complete shit.
1000 pages, and we're left with what is on paper a [Redacted]-level class. One of my New Year's resolutions will be to not spend so much time in the 2017 recruiting thread. What a colossal waste of time. Don't start that puppy until like next April, Strickland.

Back