• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

30 second shot clock, 8 second back court, ditch the 5 second closely guarded rule. Jump balls instead of the possession arrow. 2 year minimum before players jump to the NBA. Don't expand the tournament field. That's my wish list.

All of this.

How's it meant to be called? Not being a smartass, I'm curious. Do you mean only call it when it gives a player an advantage and cut out the touch calls? Or call every handcheck?

How's it meant to be called? Not being a smartass, I'm curious. Do you mean only call it when it gives a player an advantage and cut out the touch calls? Or call every handcheck?

Call a handcheck anytime a player puts an arm/forarm into another player or tries to impede them going to the basket. NBA enforces the rule as it should be and leads to a much more free flowing game. Doesn't allow a team like UVA or MD to mug another team all game. That shit isn't basketball.

Call a handcheck anytime a player puts an arm/forarm into another player or tries to impede them going to the basket. NBA enforces the rule as it should be and leads to a much more free flowing game. Doesn't allow a team like UVA or MD to mug another team all game. That shit isn't basketball.

UVA and MD are hardly the most egregious offenders...

UVA and MD are hardly the most egregious offenders...

Lot of people play that way and I know everyone yells and screams about UNC and Duke but the bully ball UVA and MD have played the last few seasons has made almost any game they play in unwatchable IMO.

30 second shot clock, 8 second back court, ditch the 5 second closely guarded rule. Jump balls instead of the possession arrow. 2 year minimum before players jump to the NBA. Don't expand the tournament field. That's my wish list.

Not sure I see the need to shorten the shot clock, though I would be OK with it, but see no reason to shorten the back court rule? I haven't seen the ability to stay in the backcourt for 10 seconds having any real impact on the pace of play? Jump balls would be cool - but there will always be issues. Today people can bitch because the alternating arrow rule screwed them at the end of a close game when they forced a jump ball - with real jump balls they will be bitching because their short guy forced the jump ball or because the ref made a crappy toss that hosed their guy.

All 4 from Dallas, recruited heavily by former Texas Titan and current Aggie, Avery Johnson Jr.

This is real reson here.

Johnson Jr did for A&M what many are hoping Chill Jr does for us. He convinced all of his highly rated HS and AAU boys to join A&M

Not that the predictions are 100% accurate but WF got another prediction on Kwe Parker's 247 page. It switched from Duke to WF, so now WF is the only team with any predictions for Kwe. This seems to gel with common thought as Kwe has been spending a lot of time around WF and with B Chill.

Last edited:
BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - Crawford/Moore/Collins to Wake! Your move,...

That would be monumental.

Also, haven't watched any videos or anything, is it pronounced "kway", or "Q"?

Back