• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Hard to get a sense of if we're on the list or not, haven't seen much info from him. All I've seen is the Louisville offer a week or two ago.
I think WF will most likely make the list and get a visit sometime in September (he wants to take some visits during a holiday period that month). I'd guess that Louisville, Washington State, Boise State, and UNLV make the top five as well. He doesn't have a huge amount of offers so even if he is strongly considering some other schools, there's like 8 schools total that have offered. I think Manning's big man reputation as well as Dinos success with Danny's style of play will really help WF in Froling's recruitment.

@DemanDeac: 4* Guard Koby McEwen will take an official visit to Wake Forest on August 28th

Visit moved up from mid-September. I wonder if that is to put pressure on Wright who visits the week before. I'd be very happy with either as both are talented slashing guards that complement Washington and Childress

can't remember if this has been discussed - is there any way Brandon does not take a scholarship as the son of a coach. Saw that Alford was doing that with his kid at UCLA. I am sure it would require Randolph to pay tuition - but I believe there is a discounted price for employees of the University.

I thought we should move him up. Would love either guy or both if we can make it work.

I agree you somehow find a way to take both.

We do have enough scholarships for the two of them assuming the end of August timeline, correct? The real debate would then come down to Giles vs. Rondale, right? That would be the ultimate Bzzfuck.

can't remember if this has been discussed - is there any way Brandon does not take a scholarship as the son of a coach. Saw that Alford was doing that with his kid at UCLA. I am sure it would require Randolph to pay tuition - but I believe there is a discounted price for employees of the University.

employee's children essentially go for free. All the employee has to pay is taxes.

@DemanDeac: 4* Guard Koby McEwen will take an official visit to Wake Forest on August 28th

This is excellent news. Good source here in Bradenton tells me that while Wake is "up there" with Eli Wright, we are not actually at the very top of his list.

Was there ever an article released that had Eli stating Wake was his leader? I know 247 came out & stated that, but I have yet to see any quotes or statement from Eli himself regarding WF being his favorite.

employee's children essentially go for free. All the employee has to pay is taxes.

I posted a couple of lengthy posts about this when we first started recruiting lil Chill. I'm on my phone, but somebody search function that shit.

Was there ever an article released that had Eli stating Wake was his leader? I know 247 came out & stated that, but I have yet to see any quotes or statement from Eli himself regarding WF being his favorite.

No there wasn't. No one really knows where that came from or what the source was. I would say we have a very good shot at him however

I posted a couple of lengthy posts about this when we first started recruiting lil Chill. I'm on my phone, but somebody search function that shit.

Alford is willing to take his son Bryce off scholarship for his senior season in order to try and bring in 5* TJ Leaf who just decommitted from UA. It seems perfectly legal. Scout has an article on it as well

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...71604-alert-ucla-has-scholarship-for-t-j-leaf

I would think this would be a last resort, but if no one is going to transfer and we are full at the end of the season, it'd be very tempting to land another top 100 guy

Last edited:
Back