• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

where is plama to come tell us we're DEFINITELY getting giles?

Whoa. This is the most mercurial thread on the whole board.

Whoa. This is the most mercurial thread on the whole board.

I feel like the response is pretty legit. We just lost a recruit that the staff invested a long time in recruiting and who many had propped up as a key recruit in what's turning into a lackluster 2016 class. Combine the Wright news with Giles scheduling us first, before the elite programs in NCAA basketball, and it's been a lousy day in Wake basketball recruiting.

I feel like the response is pretty legit. We just lost a recruit that the staff invested a long time in recruiting and who many had propped up as a key recruit in what's turning into a lackluster 2016 class. Combine the Wright news with Giles scheduling us first, before the elite programs in NCAA basketball, and it's been a lousy day in Wake basketball recruiting.

Not to pile on, but don't forget that all this comes on the heels of Miller to Miami. He was a guy that we seemed to have invested some time into

Fair point.

Not to pile on, but don't forget that all this comes on the heels of Miller to Miami. He was a guy that we seemed to have invested some time into

Yep. Without Giles and assuming Manning isn't able to flip this class around like he did with 2015, this class is shaping up to look a lot like [Redacted]'s class of 2012.

Why not? If it's between Nate Hoover and Kwe, then we'd be stupid not to pursue Kwe. We are running out of 2016 options at an alarming rate.

Because we don't have to pick up another guard for this year unless they're at a certain level. Could just as easily pick up a postgraduate or save for 2017 over a player that we seemingly passed on earlier this year.

Last edited:
Because we don't have to pick up another guard for this year unless they're at a certain level. Could just as easily pick up a postgraduate or save for 2017 over a player that we seemingly passed on earlier this year.

I don't know how I feel about this while there remain gigantic holes on the roster and all we have to show for 1.5 full years of recruiting is two top-250 players.

Go back to p. 485 of this thread. At one point, we were discussing McEwen's visit being moved up from September to August, one week after Wright. People speculated whether it was to push Wright. (And then people debated whether we should take both.) A poster with a source chimed in to say that while we were near the top with Wright, we weren't his favorite. Maybe the visit was moved up because the coaching staff already had an inclination.

Let's just all chilll and let the process play out.

I don't know how I feel about this while there remain gigantic holes on the roster and all we have to show for 1.5 full years of recruiting is two top-250 players.

And a 4 star SG in our backyard who dunks like a mad man and can electrify the crowd we don't want. I'm confused.

When we don't get HG the question will always be if we spent entirely too much time on him instead of focusing on players we have a better chance with. It's hard to say it's a mistake going after the best player in the country that lives in your city though.

Go back to p. 485 of this thread. At one point, we were discussing McEwen's visit being moved up from September to August, one week after Wright. People speculated whether it was to push Wright. (And then people debated whether we should take both.) A poster with a source chimed in to say that while we were near the top with Wright, we weren't his favorite. Maybe the visit was moved up because the coaching staff already had an inclination.

Let's just all chilll and let the process play out.

that isn't this board's style.

Remember when we were talking about saving schollies for the awesome 2016 class? That was fun too.

Go back to p. 485 of this thread.

This struck me as funny.
Today I'll take humor wherever we can find it.

Wow, I step away for an hour and this thread has another 5 pages to it.

Manning is getting worked right now. No two ways around it, people. I'm still #ManningIn, but those who thought Howland would have been a bad hire and wouldn't be able to recruit, you is dumb.

BobStackFan4Life should return with a TOLD YA SO.

#RIPBSF4L

Back