• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Has a Skip Brown like release. Perfect form. Love it.

Don't mean to be "that guy" but doesn't he bring the ball down around his hip before starting the shooting motion? It is a nice stroke, but that could be a problem getting the shot off quickly.

Reyshawn is a good dude. Turned around his career at UNC to get drafted in the 2nd round. Had some attitude problems early on. Has had a good career overseas.

I don't care and I really didn't want to know this. Dude was pissed when CP3 was recognized as the #1 player in Forsyth County instead of him. What an assclown.

Don't mean to be "that guy" but doesn't he bring the ball down around his hip before starting the shooting motion? It is a nice stroke, but that could be a problem getting the shot off quickly.

You mean like this guy?

I have actually started teaching this in my individual workouts. It is a much more repeatable form, and you can actually release the ball more quickly because it is a fluid motion. When you start the ball higher, you still have to make a move down or behind your head in order to produce the necessary power. 6'6" to 7'0" guys can get away with that because their release is so high. Shorter players should actually start lower, and they will avoid having to reset the shooting position. RW's speed of release won't be an issue. His main concern will be strength and explosiveness. More worried about the strength than anything else.

ETA: I am not comparing RW to Curry. They are in no way comparable. Just making the point that starting the basketball low is a very effective and quick method of beginning your shot release.

You mean like this guy?

I have actually started teaching this in my individual workouts. It is a much more repeatable form, and you can actually release the ball more quickly because it is a fluid motion. When you start the ball higher, you still have to make a move down or behind your head in order to produce the necessary power. 6'6" to 7'0" guys can get away with that because their release is so high. Shorter players should actually start lower, and they will avoid having to reset the shooting position. RW's speed of release won't be an issue. His main concern will be strength and explosiveness. More worried about the strength than anything else.

ETA: I am not comparing RW to Curry. They are in no way comparable. Just making the point that starting the basketball low is a very effective and quick method of beginning your shot release.

Almost all great shooters dip the ball. Period. End of story. It's how you gather momentum to power the ball to the hoop.

i did not see that at all. i actually made a mental note that he did the opposite -- a very quick, little excess motion release.

he doesnt look like a good athlete. hopefully he's actually a good shooter.

Last edited:
Chill, Wilbekin, Woods, Hudson/Wash, Dinos. I know it's presumptuous to put Washington and Childress on that list without ever playing a game in College, but we are going to flat out have us some shooters. Accompany those shooters with Crawford, Collins, Moore and SJM and we have us a pretty damn good looking team on paper. This is all without throwing HG3 in the mix. I'm beating a dead horse, but we are well on our way back and Danny knows exactly what he's doing.

Chill, Wilbekin, Woods, Hudson/Wash, Dinos. I know it's presumptuous to put Washington and Childress on that list without ever playing a game in College, but we are going to flat out have us some shooters. Accompany those shooters with Crawford, Collins, Moore and SJM and we have us a pretty damn good looking team on paper. This is all without throwing HG3 in the mix. I'm beating a dead horse, but we are well on our way back and Danny knows exactly what he's doing.

This.

Curious why Bam hasn't committed to State yet.

Anyone heard anything?

Curious why Bam hasn't committed to State yet.

Anyone heard anything?

He just took an official to Kentucky last week and he is scheduled for his official to State on 10/30. My guess is that he's just getting the most out of his visits and that he'll commit to State on his official in a few weeks.

Recruiting is so white. Ugh. Triggered. Rich white men recruiting smarter black men to their plantation. Feeling unsafe.

Back