• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Harry's wearing a White Sox cap.
K is from Chicago.
Clearly the hat is an illegal gift to a recruit. Harry is ours, and Dook is going on probation.

Alright so, I wasn't supposed to say this but I am. This board needs to here it.

My roommate is a Dukie, spent a total of 7 years there getting his undergrad and MA. He just graduated last May. This guy was probably the leader of the Crazy section and has been as big of a Duke fan that I have been a Wake fan. He has a close relative that is a Duke athletics staffer who has been there for over 15 years. With that being said, this is what he told me regarding Dukes side of the Giles recruitment.

1. Giles has not given Duke any kind of verbal/non verbal indication that he has decided on Duke. No silent verbals, no nothing.
2. ALL of the sources that are saying Harry is bound for Duke are sheer speculation.
3. These same sources that are pumping the Harry to Duke are the same exact sources that were telling everyone that Harrison Barnes was a done deal to Duke.
3b. The type of irrelevant information that these sources have is the same type of irrelevant information that they had with Barnes.
4. In the beginning, CP3 was telling Harry that Duke was where he should go and that K was the best coach. This was during the Bz era and the beginning of the Manning era. Recently, however, CP3 has became a huge advocate for Wake with Giles after getting to know Manning and reconnecting with Childress. And while he didn't recount what he said about coach K being the best coach, he made sure to let Giles know that he believed Manning could do what it takes to get Giles to the next level and he also let him know what it is like to be the hometown hero in Winston. (This is when things changed in a negative way for Duke)
4b. Losing CP3 advocation for Duke was a major blow. Many "In the know Dukies" were confident until then.
5. The Giles recruitment is by no-means a done deal to anyone at this point.

Its still up in the air. Giles hasn't made a decision. With that being said, Duke IS the best option for Harry's career and Harry knows it. However, my roommate said he honestly would not be surprised to see HG pick Wake because of the hometown connection and the relationships he has with Manning, CP3 and the Childress family. He gave it a 60% Duke, 40% Wake prediction, and I agree with it.

Take it how you want it.

So your roommate is a massive dork who also doesnt know shit. Got it.

I thought dukeson was a little bitch but you're the real faggot cocksucker. Jesus dude you realize how miserably pathetic your life must be to have to post on a wake board. What is your moms basement not enough entertainment that you need to peruse the Internet for e-fights so you can feel the shame and regret your life has brought you? That must be a raw deal. I feel bad. We should take up a collection to get you a "make a wish" with coach K or something. You can finnaly attend your first Duke game. It would make you almost a real fan.

We can do without the homophobic insults on the boards. Consider this your only warning.

There is no fucking way Chris Paul told someone to go to Duke. None.

There is no fucking way Chris Paul told someone to go to Duke. None.

It wasn't about Duke. It was about Coach K. CP and K bonded during their time at the Olympics. Plus, we had an awful coach during that time. K and CP still share that bond, but CP believes in Manning and Co and he is advocating for them loudly. We hired the right guy.

Personally, I think we're going to get Giles. I've had that gut feeling for a while.

I'm still waiting for Thain to tell us if he went to Duke or not.

Hint: He didn't.

I've been to more games at Cameron than the majority of duke fans. I'm not even kidding.

I walked by Cameron Indoor Stadium once during a college visit, so I've probably been closer than Thain ever has.

Back