• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

He's not an amateur. He just does this part time. After he finishes his snack when he gets home from school. Ants on a log is not amateur. It's a legit healthy snack with a whimsical name.

By the way...Kid President has AIDS.

+1 zebra cake

Well this sucks.

Yep. It sucked last night, and it still sucks this morning. I really thought we'd at least make it on to the table for the hat selection. To find out we're not even in the top 2, well that sucks. Couple that with the fact that we're effectively playing our OOC schedule (one of the hardest in recent memory) with 7 scholarship players, and the next couple of months are gonna be tons of fun.

By the way... we're never gonna recover from the Jeff [Redacted] era

All I ask is that once the haymaker is delivered, we get a specific account of the information that led the BSD guys to this

It doesn't really matter once it happens, so they should spill it.

All I ask is that once the haymaker is delivered, we get a specific account of the information that led the BSD guys to this

giphy.gif

You are such a fucking child. Would you like to know why people have ever given you or your work at BSD shit? Read this fucking post of yours.

Jesus Christ.

Fuck you.

And this is in no way a response to the news itself; if you had thought to pass the news along like TITSWF or Cumby did-- you know, like a goddamn functional adult-- the response would have been upset, but it wouldn't have been outright aggressive towards you. Hell, I often read and enjoy BSD, and I can't think of many reputable people ever questioning it over the years. I'm pretty sure I even submitted a question to your podcast last year?

Now? I hope every single one of your sources sees this and disavows you for being the childish amateur that you are.

This sums up exactly how I feel about how this was handled. I enjoy BSD and appreciate the value of what it provides to us as fans. We're fortunate to have it and I can't recall any of the reasonable posters here saying anything over the top disrespectful about it. Unfortunately, how this was handled will be on my mind whenever I see something from BSD (at least for the foreseeable future). TITSWF and Cumby, thanks for what you do and acting like adults. I hope you're giving doofus shit behind the scenes for the way he reacted because his actions are tied to how BSD is perceived and his acting like a bratty child is turning off a lot of people. Like RSF said, this isn't a reaction to the news, but rather how it was communicated. Sure, I'm disappointed because losing anything sucks, but what makes me mad is how is how this news was broken by someone who desperately wants people to take him seriously.

They're not really speaking in code or anything. Someone within or close to the program, be it Manning himself, Chill, or B. Chill, was told by somebody closely associated with Harry that we were getting cut. "Look, it's not you, it's me. I want to win championships, K or Cal are sure things, etc."

Smidger > Doofus

VIBES

I believe the BSD crew believes what they have ... but what they have isn't, I think, what they want us to believe they have

I don't think I've read anything from anybody respectable yet that we're not in the top 2, or that Kentucky is. Not sure why that rumor is being propagated, other than for "well, if it's not us..." reasons.

Someone associated with BSD was posting last night (not sure whether it was TITSWF, Cumberland, or Doofus) that we were seeing Harry ride off on a generic blue motorcycle. That it was down to Kentucky and Duke was the meaning I took from that.

By the way... if it was Doofus, then I get your joke that you haven't read anything from anybody respectable yet

Someone associated with BSD was posting last night (not sure whether it was TITSWF, Cumberland, or Doofus) that we were seeing Harry ride off on a generic blue motorcycle. That it was down to Kentucky and Duke was the meaning I took from that.

By the way... if it was Doofus, then I get your joke that you haven't read anything from anybody respectable yet
Ha, the blue motorcycle thing was in reference to Smidger.

I took "generic blue" to mean Duke, given that nobody has really given UK a chance in this for months.

This is all a big a smoke screen. Here's how it's playing out:

Harry gives K the nod that he's coming to Duke. Let's the information get disseminated out to the right people. Gives people a few days to digest it. Seems like recruitment is a done deal.

Time the press conference. Three hats on the table: UK, Kansas, Duke. Wake Forest fans everywhere despair. We are not even in the conversation. Harry casually knocks off the Kansas hat...then UK. Picks up the Duke hat and brings it towards his head. The moment everybody has expected. At the last second, throws the Duke hat to the side. Rips open his shirt revealing a black and gold leotard. Superman-style. With a big WF on the front. Pulls out some sunglasses puts them on. Looks right into te camera. "I'm coming home". All media members look to the door at the sound of a motorcycle starting up. It's the Deacon. He pulls up. Harry hops on. They ride out of the gym.

Meanwhile in Durham, K, believing he had it in the bag, can't believe what he is seeing on tv. Has a heart attack. Never coaches again.

Harry Giles. Wake Forest Legend.

This is all a big a smoke screen. Here's how it's playing out:

Harry gives K the nod that he's coming to Duke. Let's the information get disseminated out to the right people. Gives people a few days to digest it. Seems like recruitment is a done deal.

Time the press conference. Three hats on the table: UK, Kansas, Duke. Wake Forest fans everywhere despair. We are not even in the conversation. Harry casually knocks off the Kansas hat...then UK. Picks up the Duke hat and brings it towards his head. The moment everybody has expected. At the last second, throws the Duke hat to the side. Rips open his shirt revealing a black and gold leotard. Superman-style. With a big WF on the front. Pulls out some sunglasses puts them on. Looks right into te camera. "I'm coming home". All media members look to the door at the sound of a motorcycle starting up. It's the Deacon. He pulls up. Harry hops on. They ride out of the gym.

Meanwhile in Durham, K, believing he had it in the bag, can't believe what he is seeing on tv. Has a heart attack. Never coaches again.

Harry Giles. Wake Forest Legend.

well, shit

IN

They're not really speaking in code or anything. Someone within or close to the program, be it Manning himself, Chill, or B. Chill, was told by somebody closely associated with Harry that we were getting cut. "Look, it's not you, it's me. I want to win championships, K or Cal are sure things, etc."

No, it's not really clear. And moreover I'm not sure where you got the "not in the hat picking ceremony" thing either. All they would divulge is that "he's not coming but we can't explain why."

Back