• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

It's also scary to think that, as of right now, we don't have any scholarships available for 2017. We better hope that the young guys on the roster right now really develop or we'll be fucked until we can start getting new players into the program in 2018.

Exactly. If we're not at least a NIT team this year, we almost definitely won't be in 2017/2018 given who we lose and our scholarship availability (hopefully continual sucking will result in some transfers!). From there, we're hoping for a good 2018 class for a bump in 2019. If that doesn't happen, there's a good chance we don't see the post-season anytime in the next 5 years and that we have another coaching change/program reboot somewhere in there. We really need to be good enough to make the post-season this year.

Both of these posts smack to me of the very definition of "bandwagon fans", people who only want to show up to see a winner. NCSU fans show up in FB and BB and they haven't won anything in forever. Just my opinion

The fact that anyone is even posting here given where our football and basketball programs are disqualifies them from being a bandwagon fan. There's a reason that we have few current students posting here. The only people left posting about Wake Forest sports are the very definition of diehard fans. The bandwagon cleared off a LONG time ago.

Last edited:
Both of these posts smack to me of the very definition of "bandwagon fans", people who only want to show up to see a winner. NCSU fans show up in FB and BB and they haven't won anything in forever. Just my opinion

Have to say I disagree with this. I also hate the 'holier than thou' attitude from people that go to the games and judge those who don't. The dude is coming from ATL, it's not like it's a hop, skip and a jump like it would be for the majority of NCSU fans.

I know I personally have been to fewer and fewer games because of work/life duties, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan, I don't think. What ATL Deac said is true whether you want to call it being a bandwagon fan or whatever...the reality is when teams are good, people show up. Comparing Wake fans to NCSU fans and the situation of both schools is asinine. Go Deacs

I think we should benchmark against the UVa success model not Duke Or UNC. Those SEC teams are not really relevant to our situation. If Manning is an excellent coach he will be successful with the core talent we have all ready. If he is average then we are sunk. My gut says he is a good one. Just starting to evaluate him more this season since last year was going to be rough.

I know I personally have been to fewer and fewer games because of work/life duties, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan, I don't think. What ATL Deac said is true whether you want to call it being a bandwagon fan or whatever...the reality is when teams are good, people show up.

Call me crazy, but it's easier to justify taking off work, leaving my wife at home to deal with 4 kids by herself, buying a ticket and driving up from Charlotte to catch the Deacs when there is actually something worth watching. When there's not, it makes way more sense for me and my family to watch/listen from home.

Call me crazy, but it's easier to justify taking off work, leaving my wife at home to deal with 4 kids by herself, buying a ticket and driving up from Charlotte to catch the Deacs when there is actually something worth watching. When there's not, it makes way more sense for me and my family to watch/listen from home.

Correct. And that doesn't make you a bandwagon fan. And agree that anyone who posts or follows these boards is disqualified as being a bandwagon fan. Go Deacs! We're going to be good again with or without HG. I believe in what Manning is doing. Just going to take a little time.

I think we should benchmark against the UVa success model not Duke Or UNC. Those SEC teams are not really relevant to our situation. If Manning is an excellent coach he will be successful with the core talent we have all ready. If he is average then we are sunk. My gut says he is a good one. Just starting to evaluate him more this season since last year was going to be rough.
Benchmarking against exceptions is not the way to go. Tony Bennett is an exception. Jeff [Redacted] is an exception. We shouldn't be benchmarking our program against either of them.

I'll be up for the Arkansas game but also to go to Roses, attend the Lovefeast, and check out Tanglewood.

If Buzz were still coaching I wouldn't even bother.

Myself and another Wake grad will be going to the Rutgers game if there are any other Philly/New York/Jersey Deacs that plan on making it to that game.
Most of the excitement that my friend and other wake alumni that I have talked to have for the season just comes from Manning, it's a different energy that he brings. It's the same as Clawson in football, just the fact that they get so fired up for us to win gives them hope.

Last edited:
It's season 2 in Buzz Mach II, so now is when the sunshiners will slooooooowly begin to crawl out from under the rocks...

Are we done for 2016? What about the kid from Wesleyan who decommitted from Rutgers

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the overall caliber of player that Manning is recruiting, versus his predecessor, is night and day. He's signing guys that play within HIS system, and buy into what he's trying to accomplish. Look no further than our man D-wash. D-Wash is a lengthy shooter with great court vision. We haven't had one of those in a while.

did you call?

are you doing OK, creamy G?

was a little worried about ya, but you seem to have rebounded well

man-hug.jpg

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the overall caliber of player that [Redacted] is recruiting, versus his predecessor, is night and day. He's signing guys that play within HIS system, and buy into what he's trying to accomplish. Look no further than our man Chase Fisher. Fisher is a shooter with great court vision who was a Parade All-America. We haven't had one of those in a while.

Rinse, wash, repeat. I remember when people claimed that in recruiting Ari Stewart and CJ Harris, Coach Gaudio was getting away from recruiting the "pure athletes" that Coach Prosser had recruited and instead was recruiting guys with good basketball skills.

The point, as always, is that Wake could obtain a commitment from a 5'9 center with a 4 inch vertical and an offer from Peace College and a sizable portion of the boards would claim that the coach has clearly found a diamond in the rough.

Back