• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

"I would love to have a decision before my senior season starts so I can just focus on being a senior and doing my thing in school and getting better on the court. I feel like it’d be a load off not having to worry about all that, but if I don’t have a decision by then, hey, it is what it is!"

Win or lose, it would be best for us if he does make an early decision.

Harry's latest blog post:

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/harry-g...ke-visits-coaches-trying-to-snapchat-and-more

Doesn't mention Wake's Black and Gold Madness, but he's on campus so often that I'm not putting much stock in it. Also talks about cutting his list down.

were-doomed-c3po.gif

I don't recall humor making fun of Daniel Green. I recall humor making fun of people overhyping Daniel Green.

I don't recall humor making fun of Daniel Green. I recall humor making fun of people overhyping Daniel Green.

with a twist of "another recruit [name redacted] should not have brought in"

and i agree that we should drop anything resembling making fun of the kids that are still at wake. i do not have any issue of continuing to ridicule the worst college basketball coach in modern history (and maybe all time).

Am I the only one who doesn't find humor in making fun of Daniel Green?

No, but I would say that folks aren't so much making fun of D. Green, but rather are trying to make comedic reference to times that Wellman and [Redacted] claimed that the reason we weren't doing well on the court was cause of D. Greens injury (or some sort of similar claim). The references are kind of in poor taste because the kid hasn't done anything to deserve mockery, but that is, I think, the origin of the "#Hangit" meme on the boards.

No, but I would say that folks aren't so much making fun of D. Green, but rather are trying to make comedic reference to times that Wellman and [Redacted] claimed that the reason we weren't doing well on the court was cause of D. Greens injury (or some sort of similar claim). The references are kind of in poor taste because the kid hasn't done anything to deserve mockery, but that is, I think, the origin of the "#Hangit" meme on the boards.

Oh I understand the origin of the joke, I just don't understand how the collateral damage done to Daniel Green's reputation is worth it for a joke that quit being funny or clever 500 repetitions ago.

Back