• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Oh I understand the origin of the joke, I just don't understand how the collateral damage done to Daniel Green's reputation is worth it for a joke that quit being funny or clever 500 repetitions ago.

You don't get it. Internet warriors think they can say and do what they want. It doesn't matter if they hurt someone. My guess is at least 95% of them have never been in the public eye.

It's a combination of arrogance, jealousy and not caring.

Oh I understand the origin of the joke, I just don't understand how the collateral damage done to Daniel Green's reputation is worth it for a joke that quit being funny or clever 500 repetitions ago.

Bingo. It's disingenuous to act as if those comments aren't at Daniel's expense regardless of the origin.

I don't recall humor making fun of Daniel Green. I recall humor making fun of people overhyping Daniel Green.

If we're having to make this distinction, perhaps we could drop the reference altogether. I get the jab isn't directed at Daniel, but it does come partly at his expense.

No, but I would say that folks aren't so much making fun of D. Green, but rather are trying to make comedic reference to times that Wellman and [Redacted] claimed that the reason we weren't doing well on the court was cause of D. Greens injury (or some sort of similar claim). The references are kind of in poor taste because the kid hasn't done anything to deserve mockery, but that is, I think, the origin of the "#Hangit" meme on the boards.

this

You don't get it. Internet warriors think they can say and do what they want. It doesn't matter if they hurt someone. My guess is at least 95% of them have never been in the public eye.

RJKarlocrit posts again! I'm on my phone....anyone care to link RJ's post from Scout that ripped into Rondale?

Last edited:

Not everyone can produce and star in their own YouTube video.

No, but I would say that folks aren't so much making fun of D. Green, but rather are trying to make comedic reference to times that Wellman and [Redacted] claimed that the reason we weren't doing well on the court was cause of D. Greens injury (or some sort of similar claim). The references are kind of in poor taste because the kid hasn't done anything to deserve mockery, but that is, I think, the origin of the "#Hangit" meme on the boards.

The references are in less poor taste than the instances themselves, IMO. [Redacted] and Wellman were far more disrespectful to our players directly than most on here.

And a lot of y'all bought into those two Wake employees ripping on current and past student athletes, suggesting indiscretions that may or may not have happened, and implying that good kids had culture issues to justify their bad decisions as managers - so quit being hypocrites, please.

Last edited:

ml1m38.png

The references are in less poor taste than the instances themselves, IMO. [Redacted] and Wellman were far more disrespectful to our players directly than most on here.

And a lot of y'all bought into those two Wake employees ripping on current and past student athletes, suggesting indiscretions that may or may not have happened, and implying that good kids had culture issues to justify their bad decisions as managers - so quit being hypocrites, please.

Definitely true, but I bet we could find a way to mock Wellman and [Redacted] for disingenuous deflections of responsibility for awful basketball onto students and not bring, young, hardworking, and, by all accounts, nice guy Daniel Green repeatedly into it. I'd much rather see a series of posts just flat out call Wellman an asshole.

Been getting a lot of DM's for any intel that I have re: Giles. Rest assured as soon as concrete info arises, I'll report.
Appreciate everyone's faith in trusting me to be the #authority when it comes to delivering #ScoopsOnHoops and #BringingBackTheSwagger!!!!
I can't and will not be silenced!!! #HooplaJustDishingAllTheScoopla

It's a shame what happened to Daniel . He has been riding a stationary bike for going on 2 years now . He would have been a good player for WFU, particularly on the glass and on the defensive end. He was an energy guy and a quick jumper with length. I hope he can get well enough to play a post grad year for another school. With a hardship he might get 2 more years.

So Strickland33, let me get this straight. Our not crucifying Buzdelik and Wellman justifies the slam on Daniel who has worked his ass off through 2 devastating knee surgeries? Buzdelik and Wellman's performance has no bearing whatsover on this young man's dedication to Wake Forest University and the basketball program. I surely pity him if he should read these threads.

I think these boards are unanimously pro daniel green. We love the kid and hope he can play. If Daniel reads these boards hopefully he understands that.

I also think the hang it jabs are pretty funny. If I were in Daniels shoes I wouldn't take offense. It is a pretty obvious jab at [Redacted] and not Daniel.

So Strickland33, let me get this straight. Our not crucifying Buzdelik and Wellman justifies the slam on Daniel who has worked his ass off through 2 devastating knee surgeries? Buzdelik and Wellman's performance has no bearing whatsover on this young man's dedication to Wake Forest University and the basketball program. I surely pity him if he should read these threads.
Because that's what I said. #nosat

Been getting a lot of DM's for any intel that I have re: Giles. Rest assured as soon as concrete info arises, I'll report.
Appreciate everyone's faith in trusting me to be the #authority when it comes to delivering #ScoopsOnHoops and #BringingBackTheSwagger!!!!
I can't and will not be silenced!!! #HooplaJustDishingAllTheScoopla

You serious clark?

Back