• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

WCA beat the UNC JV team 92-74. Brandon Childress lead the team with 17 points and 8 assists. Kwe also had 17 points and HG3 had 15 points and 10 boards. This game was a great recruiting tool because it showed the WCA kids how much fun it is to beat UNC on their home court.

WCA beat the UNC JV team 92-74. Brandon Childress lead the team with 17 points and 8 assists. Kwe also had 17 points and HG3 had 15 points and 10 boards. This game was a great recruiting tool because it showed the WCA kids how much fun it is to beat UNC on their home court.

That's one way to look at it. :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly!

But why exactly does UNC have a "JV" team? Are they the students who actually do the players' homework and take their tests while the varsity squad is hitting on co-eds on Franklin St.?

My sentiments exactly!

But why exactly does UNC have a "JV" team? Are they the students who actually do the players' homework and take their tests while the varsity squad is hitting on co-eds on Franklin St.?

I think you answered your own question.

What Alumni made it to the half time thing today? Any recruits at the game today? Any chance it impressive to them?

It happened so fast that I may miss some, but Skip Brown, Anthony Teachey, and Ricky Peral were the ones I made mental note of. Antonio Johnson, who is not very well remembered but was a solid contributor to his teams, was there. There were a number of 50s and 60s guys that included Bill Joyner. I believe Skip was the only one there with a jersey in the rafters.

How could I have forgotten Kitley? Also, isn't that Alan Dickens, M.D.? Teachey is next to Kitley.

UNC having a JV team is actually pretty cool. It's the only program that has one in the ACC. It's like a team for walk-ons, originally it was all freshmen, now anyone can try out and you can only play for 2 years. After that you can try to get a walk-on spot on the real team or you're done. They play in the Dean Dome against D-II and prep programs.

Wish Wake had something like that. I've heard intramurals are nowhere close to what they used to be and that most of the pickup basketball culture has died out. Makes it harder to win back the students and create a real fan base when there's so little interest on campus in general.

Wow. That sucks. Wake was on a list of the most athletic campuses a few years back due to the high participation rate in intramurals. Sure most of that is being a small school but most guys I knew back in the day played IM, even a decent number of women.

I think it's great that Danny is building relationships with Deac alums.

Back